Baton Rouge man is charged with the BR murders

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Why wouldn't DNA be able to be taken from a casing? I don't think any "new type of testing" is needed.

I was thinking when i read that part:
    The cases had blood on them or "something that is not normal" that would 100% link him to the cases
    Ya never know he could have cut him self or something
    I know I have cut my self on guns and loading mags.
    Just my thoughts

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I was thinking when i read that part:
    The cases had blood on them or "something that is not normal" that would 100% link him to the cases
    Ya never know he could have cut him self or something
    I know I have cut my self on guns and loading mags.
    Just my thoughts

I didn't realize it was so uncommon to find DNA on casing honestly. Not sure why that is.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    A couple years back I had someone break a window and climbed through . Somehow he got cut and there were 3 little blood spots on the floor about half the size of an ants bunghole. A detective came in with his kit and used 3 little Q-tip looking things and rubbed it on the spots. I did not see any transfer and the spots were still on the floor. 3 months later I was called in to look at a picture to see if I recognized a fellow. They had gotten a match from the data base and the guy was already serving time at Angola.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    A couple years back I had someone break a window and climbed through . Somehow he got cut and there were 3 little blood spots on the floor about half the size of an ants bunghole. A detective came in with his kit and used 3 little Q-tip looking things and rubbed it on the spots. I did not see any transfer and the spots were still on the floor. 3 months later I was called in to look at a picture to see if I recognized a fellow. They had gotten a match from the data base and the guy was already serving time at Angola.

As in it couldn't be the guy because he was at Angola at the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Just my assumptions from a layman
    My wife loves the 1st 48, so in attempt ti send more time with her I do as well.
    I am always amazed at how dumb they are, when it is not done in the heat of the moment.
    Thank god they are that dumb

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Maybe he etched his name in the casings. Along with Kill Em All on the slide, and a punisher end plate. Oh and smile and wait for the flash on the end of the barrel. Lol

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Surprised me too..

[FONT=&quot]Moore said the suspect's DNA was found on shell casings, which he said normally "does not happen."
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"To find DNA on spent shell casing just doesn't happen anywhere in the nation," Moore said in giving high praise for quality police work by investigators.[/FONT]

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Exactly, I figured getting DNA on casing would be relatively routine. I would like to ask a forensic pathologist the reason DNA on casings is so uncommon?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Article also says he bought a silencer in july 2017, I wonder if that's when he sent in paperwork or received it.

In the news conference the DA said he bought the gun in Baton Rouge and was getting a silencer but didn't have it yet

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Exactly, I figured getting DNA on casing would be relatively routine. I would like to ask a forensic pathologist the reason DNA on casings is so uncommon?

If it's a very minute amount I imagine firing the gun causing heat and gasses to ruin much chance of finding It in most cases. Maybe I dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Something about this case just screams setup.

Idk. Hopefully they got the right guy and not just one to appease the gentle masses.

Not saying I agree with "setup" but if it's that rare to find DNA on casing then damn, they got lucky! I truly hope that isn't what's happening just to get a conviction.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom