CS

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Teufel Hunden

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Winchester Model 1873 - made in 1890

Yes, you read it correctly.
    This rifle is 129 years old.
    I will post one picture of the rifle and will happily share more with those interested, will also post the archive letter attesting to the fact that this is real.

Looking to trade for old pistols as I don’t have room for long guns. I would be open to other items, just have to ask.

Trade value $2000 OBO

Last edited by Company Man; September 8th, 2019 at 10:35 AM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

Teufel Hunden

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Bump
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

Teufel Hunden

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Bump

sportsman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Would it shoot the 38/55?

Teufel Hunden

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Diamond View Post
    I don’t know the answer to that question. I have never shot this rifle and know very little about that round.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Diamond View Post
    Very doubtful. The books I have handy say the '73 was made in 32-20, 38-40, and 44-40. I don't believe the '73 action would handle the extra power of the 38-55. I'll bet a pepperoni pizza it's 38-40 (unless it's been altered sometime in the last 120 years)
    Doug

If you do what your enemy expects, you will die.

Keytruda came, saw, and kicked my cancers ass!

Teufel Hunden

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dougstump View Post
    I'll bet a pepperoni pizza it's 38-40
    I like my pizza thin crust.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Company Man View Post
    I like my pizza thin crust.
    "38 WCF" was the original name for the 38-40. I'll take a deep pan.
    Doug

If you do what your enemy expects, you will die.

Keytruda came, saw, and kicked my cancers ass!

Teufel Hunden

Gold Member

User Info Menu

"38 WCF" was the original name for the 38-40. I'll take a deep pan.
    You say tomato and I say tomatoe, I know that much about the round. Just trying to get my free pizza based on Symantec’s

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Very doubtful. The books I have handy say the '73 was made in 32-20, 38-40, and 44-40. I don't believe the '73 action would handle the extra power of the 38-55. I'll bet a pepperoni pizza it's 38-40 (unless it's been altered sometime in the last 120 years)
    Mine is a 38-40, Shoots 40 cal. projectiles I think, Have never reloaded a round for it.
    Last edited by Gator 45/70; May 13th, 2018 at 05:23 PM.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.