Back to Nola

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwolff09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    New Orleans, LA
    After 25 years building datacenters back west I decided to come back to nola and make it my forever home. I'm living in Orleans parish and getting a feel for the shooting scene. Seems like a lot fewer gun shops than back in 89-93 and missing the days Honey Island was a free-for-all.

I'm in the market to expand my handgun selection, looking for either a Colt Delta Elite next or a Springfield Operator TRP. In 9mm I'm shooting the H&K VP9 at the moment and will be seeking my CCW soon.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll be asking a bunch of silly questions as Arizona shooting is a much different animal than LA shooting :)

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Welcome home! I'm in Orleans also, and there aren't any gun stores that I know of in Orleans. You have to drive to Jefferson or St. Bernard parish to buy guns.

Gretna guns
    Jefferson gun
    Meplat
    St. Bernard indoor
    And academy are places off the top of my head that sell guns

For ranges we have St. Bernard indoor, Jefferson gun, shooters club, gretna gun, and bayou dragon near by. There's a "guntry club" out in Avondale and honey island is a little further out.

cwolff09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    New Orleans, LA
    Welcome to Bayou Shooter.

Beauxdog

Thanks Beauxdog and noob.

So I was "that guy". I had a collection of every H&K just short of their museum until I hit my mid-life crisis and sold it all-everything-and bought a harley. I like battle rifles but I'm really wanting to build up my handgun collection now.

So I bought a VP9T. I love shooting this pistol but now I think I've had my share of polymer framed pistols (except the P99 CAS, HK45 that are still on my list :) )

I want to explore the world of 1911's. I noticed that there is a $1100 TRP on the handgun board however I don't have enough posts to work out a deal with the guy so maybe someone can send him my way :)) . I saw a $1000 TRP on Armslist in Lafayette but the poster won't respond to emails. I'm thinking about starting there or a Colt Delta.

I'd also like to pick up an AR type rifle suitable for long range practice.

Thanks,
    Christopher

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Welcome back! Stop by Gretna Gun Works. Were under new ownership since you lived here last.

cwolff09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    New Orleans, LA
    Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.

Now my next question, and I certainly want to be respectful since there are many FFL's that support the state, but who should I try out for FFL transfers in the Orleans parish (or nearby) area? PM if necessary. I definitely like to support FFL's that support the community.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks Beauxdog and noob.

So I was "that guy". I had a collection of every H&K just short of their museum until I hit my mid-life crisis and sold it all-everything-and bought a harley. I like battle rifles but I'm really wanting to build up my handgun collection now.

So I bought a VP9T. I love shooting this pistol but now I think I've had my share of polymer framed pistols (except the P99 CAS, HK45 that are still on my list :) )

I want to explore the world of 1911's. I noticed that there is a $1100 TRP on the handgun board however I don't have enough posts to work out a deal with the guy so maybe someone can send him my way :)) . I saw a $1000 TRP on Armslist in Lafayette but the poster won't respond to emails. I'm thinking about starting there or a Colt Delta.

I'd also like to pick up an AR type rifle suitable for long range practice.

Thanks,
    Christopher

Welcome!

Maybe PM Austin and ask him to contact the seller for you? (he's a moderator...)

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.

Now my next question, and I certainly want to be respectful since there are many FFL's that support the state, but who should I try out for FFL transfers in the Orleans parish (or nearby) area? PM if necessary. I definitely like to support FFL's that support the community.

Meplat Group

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom