Multi-caliber Can - Gemtech One or SilencerCo Omega or Other?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm considering a multi-caliber can and have sorta narrowed my choice to the Gemtech One or SilencerCo Omega. All of my research has been online reading and that only carries so much weight. Does anyone have any experience with either of those two or any another can and would like to share their thoughts? The can will be mainly used on a 5.56 AR platform rifle but will also be used on a 300 BLK AR and possibly a 30-06 at some point. I know there are dedicated caliber cans that can handle each caliber better but my funds are limited. The shortest barrel I have is a 10.5ish inch barrel. And none of my rifles are full auto.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    There were no SiCo products to be had when I was ready to buy, so I got a Griffin Optimus, it's very modular and can even be used on 9mm pistols. I havent had much range time with it but so far it works well with 556, 300AAC, and 9mm.

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    I like the Rugged Surge - modular (can be run in long and short configurations), unlimited lifetime warranty, and would work well with the calibers you identified.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have an Omega, but want to get a specwar also. Kenny at meplat had some in stock at really good prices a few weeks ago. I would check with him and see if he has any left.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Price. I just paid 550 for mine. Compared to over 800 for an Omega.

That's a pretty compelling reason. With the money I'd save, I could get a tax stamp for a Gemtech Mist or a pistol can. With a quick search, I found one online for about $550. Did you find yours local?

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    That's a pretty compelling reason. With the money I'd save, I could get a tax stamp for a Gemtech Mist or a pistol can. With a quick search, I found one online for about $550. Did you find yours local?
    No. Bought from Capitol Armory in Austin and had it transferred to Interstate Guns in Hammond.

Didn't come with a flash hider but did come with a $200 voucher for Silencerco. Got the can, two flash hinders and tax stamp for the normal price of the can.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Did he have any left in stock? The specwar.

Yeah...a couple. After chatting about this one and that one, I've been checking out Dead Air. The Sandman S doesn't look too bad. It's a little heavier than the Omega and a little lighter than the Specwar. And I may look at a pistol caliber can. And maybe an integrally suppressed 10/22 for an upcoming build.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Yeah...a couple. After chatting about this one and that one, I've been checking out Dead Air. The Sandman S doesn't look too bad. It's a little heavier than the Omega and a little lighter than the Specwar. And I may look at a pistol caliber can. And maybe an integrally suppressed 10/22 for an upcoming build.

Sounds like that was an expensive phone call!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    The next can I buy will be the SiCo Hybrid. I like the idea that with that single can I can suppress everything I own, from pistols to magnum rifles.

Top Bottom