AR-Stoner AR-15 7.62X39 Reviews?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    7.62x39 AR style rifles that use a std AR lower can have feed issues, due to the taper of the case and the lack of a curve on the upper portion of a std AR style mag.

Most of the higher end AR/AK hybrids use a std AK mag, which is known to work with x39.

Not all rifles have feed issues, but some can be finicky with various brand mags.

To me a x39 AR is alot like a 223 AK... There are better guns made in the caliber for the same money. So they are curiosities at best. A x39 AR will be alot like a 300blk AR running supersonic ammo, so I get the desire as x39 ammo is much cheaper than 300blk. However DI and dirty ammo are not good friends, and most budget AK ammo will never be sold on its clean burning powder.

Palmetto has an inexpensive setup that runs a std AK mag, you have to buy their lower. I have no idea on the quality, but I am sure it will be middle of the road like the rest of Palmettos stuff, so decent and functional. A long or short stroke piston action in a newer package, such as the Sig offering or the M10 would likely be a better choice than a DI AR, offering similar AR ergos, and being more forgiving to dirty ammo.

Last point, Arsenal AKs are not that expensive...

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I have built several x39 AR guns and they work well if you do it right. You have to run ASC/C Products mags, you need an enhanced firing pin from Model1Sales, and you need a wolff extra duty hammer spring. Follow those 3 and you should get a dependable rifle that is more accurate than the AK

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Opening up a 223 bolt to match the case head on a x39 leaves very little material... Do some research, there are plenty of reasons that the 300blk is a better option to run a 30cal bullet out of an ar15 platform...

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well Ok, Cobbled together an AR-47 plus a 300 blk out.

I must say, Enjoyed shooting both! No hiccups to report for either one!

The 47 I'm thinking about glass and putting the Omega on it!

The 300 seems to be a sweet shooter and a tack driver!

For cheap ammo and ANTIFA the 47 wins out!

For deer I'm leaning towards the 300, Now I need some reloading data for 150 grain pills.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG01022.jpg
      IMAG01022.jpg
      259.8 KB · Views: 169
    • IMAG01025.jpg
      IMAG01025.jpg
      266.2 KB · Views: 141

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• like.jpg
      like.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 125

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Note} At the the Nosler site many times, they have over runs same price as blemished.
    But I have never got Blems that were bad! And had to look Hard, to see something wrong.
    And that was just a small, small stain.
    Also shipping cost is high at $12.00 if just a getting a few. {ie} The same $12.00 for 50 count or what ever ya can see fit to buy
    To me that is a pro to others that may be a con

Top Bottom