Hunters Run is open under a new name and new management

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sorry to respond to an old thread, but I'm curious ... has anyone here been to the new Bridgeview club? I ask because I'm going to check it out this weekend, but I'm curious to get some thoughts on it.

I'm a member of another range here in Baton Rouge, but I'd like to expand my regular shooting to include clays. That makes Bridgeview appealing (since I could continue to shoot rifle and pistol at the same place), but the membership model of $25 per month plus a per-use fee means that I could easily be spending close to $100 per month in range fees alone. That's quite a price hike from what I'm paying for my yearly membership now (which gives me à la carte access to the range).

Thoughts?

Mike

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Sorry to respond to an old thread, but I'm curious ... has anyone here been to the new Bridgeview club? I ask because I'm going to check it out this weekend, but I'm curious to get some thoughts on it.

I'm a member of another range here in Baton Rouge, but I'd like to expand my regular shooting to include clays. That makes Bridgeview appealing (since I could continue to shoot rifle and pistol at the same place), but the membership model of $25 per month plus a per-use fee means that I could easily be spending close to $100 per month in range fees alone. That's quite a price hike from what I'm paying for my yearly membership now (which gives me à la carte access to the range).

Thoughts?

Mike

I don't think someone with a marketing / management degree came up with their membership structure. There is very little incentive to purchase it besides access to the range.

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly

I am not a member at Bridgeview but I go to the Thursday Fun Shoots pretty regularly, and I went as well when it was still Hunters Run. I will say the new Bridgeview ownership has dumped some money into the club. All of the throwers are brand new. The stands are much nicer than the PVC stands Hunters Run used. The club house is much nicer as well. I watched one of the LSU football games there this year. Also Eddie is good guy and takes care of his costumers.

IMO you get a benefit from being a member at Bridgeview if you shoot a lot of clays. The rifle and pistol range would just be extra. I don't shoot that much so I have never joined.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am not a member at Bridgeview but I go to the Thursday Fun Shoots pretty regularly, and I went as well when it was still Hunters Run. I will say the new Bridgeview ownership has dumped some money into the club. All of the throwers are brand new. The stands are much nicer than the PVC stands Hunters Run used. The club house is much nicer as well. I watched one of the LSU football games there this year. Also Eddie is good guy and takes care of his costumers.

IMO you get a benefit from being a member at Bridgeview if you shoot a lot of clays. The rifle and pistol range would just be extra. I don't shoot that much so I have never joined.

Thanks. For most of the past year, I'd say I've done 95% pistol shooting and just a bit of rifle. I really need to get the shotgun out more and brush up on my clay shooting, but I'd like the option to stay in practice with my handguns as well. So it sounds like this might work.

I'm going to try to swing over this weekend to check the place out.

Mike

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I went out to Bridgeview this week and was impressed, and I went ahead and joined. It's still a work in progress, but Eddie seems like a straight-up guy and has clearly invested a lot of money in the facility, and I have every faith that it'll continue to grow. The Thursday night fun shoot was great, and it'll give me plenty of motivation to get the scattergun out and brush up on my clay shooting.

Mike

Top Bottom