Shooter in Las Vegas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

I don’t think its interesting at all. I think it’s dumb. The guys main point is that he didn’t have any military experience so he couldn’t do it alone.
    By “it” he means sneaking some rifles in a hotel room which by design are easy to break down into smaller parts then knock out a window and shoot at possibly one of the largest easiest to hit targets ever in that there were over 20,000 people crammed into an area standing shoulder to shoulder. Honestly I’m surprised he didn’t hit more than he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I sure wish we could see those video tapes from the hotel of his hallway and
    him coming and going.I'm betting it is blatant what he did and when he did it.

I would bet as well that when you did see the tapes,he passed several people
    in the hallways,,elevator,etc with guns and other things that should have
    been noticed.

HEADS IN AZZ's folks,Keep making yourself believe America isn't that way and
    it will surely be true.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I don’t think its interesting at all. I think it’s dumb. The guys main point is that he didn’t have any military experience so he couldn’t do it alone.
    By *it* he means sneaking some rifles in a hotel room which by design are easy to break down into smaller parts then knock out a window and shoot at possibly one of the largest easiest to hit targets ever in that there were over 20,000 people crammed into an area standing shoulder to shoulder. Honestly I’m surprised he didn’t hit more than he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. This wasn't some mastermind. In my opinion Timothy McVeigh devised a much more elaborate attack than this guy. He, unlike McVeigh, was rich and had a lot resources at his disposal. It's not rocket science to book a room with vantage point on a large, compact crowd, and then sneak firearms there and fire rapidly into the masses. It's actually way easier than it should be!

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I wonder if he was staying at Mandalay Bay, overlooking the same music festival last year? Or during any previous festivals that may be held on the same site... That would possibly take the "crazy" card right off the table if he was scouting the location...

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I wonder if he was staying at Mandalay Bay, overlooking the same music festival last year? Or during any previous festivals that may be held on the same site... That would possibly take the "crazy" card right off the table if he was scouting the location...

Yes, he had scouted the Life is Beautiful festival a couple weeks before. Rented a room overlooking it. I guess he got cold feet?
    http://heavy.com/news/2017/10/steph...rde-chance-the-rapper-concert-scouted-target/

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    from the pics i saw he was a gun noob. had a long barrel .308 ar with a holosight, short barrel .556 ar with large scopes and bumpfire stock.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The brother in Florida (Eric) was an interesting group of guys in that interview with the media.....:doh::confused::crazy::dunno:

I think I see a pattern here.....:hsugh:

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Lombardo said that items confiscated from Paddock included 1,600 rounds of ammunition and several containers of an explosive commonly used in target shooting that totaled 50 pounds. But it wasn't clear what, if anything, Paddock planned to do with the explosives, the sheriff said.

He is referring to the 50 lbs of Tannerite they found in his car/home. I'm guessing those Dem's will be going after that as well.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    from the pics i saw he was a gun noob. had a long barrel .308 ar with a holosight, short barrel .556 ar with large scopes and bumpfire stock.

Excellent point Troy.
    A deer hunter could have done alot more damage with a Scoped deer rifle. Yes its tragic, but the kill ratio could have been alot higher. Thank God this guy wasnt a proficient shooter.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Excellent point Troy.
    A deer hunter could have done alot mire samage with a Scoped deer rifle. Yes its tragic, but the kill ratio could have been alot higher. Thank God this guy wasnt a proficient shooter.

I had a shrimp samage for lunch yesterday.....it was mire good :)

meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    That dude is just flat out wrong. He was motivated and had no interest in getting away. And there was no sophistication, it was purely a numbers game. And FYI with all his *credentials* he should know this instead of being a conspirator theorist.
    Occam’s razor, the guy was not a wolf. He was a deranged man.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That dude is just flat out wrong. He was motivated and had no interest in getting away. And there was no sophistication, it was purely a numbers game. And FYI with all his *credentials* he should know this instead of being a conspirator theorist.
    Occam’s razor, the guy was not a wolf. He was a deranged man.

The Sheriff noted that they do have evidence he intended upon getting away.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I think the media should be responsible for providing the real facts.
    If they provide false information,they should be fined heavily.

Its hard to believe anything from the story anymore.Look at these
    pictures.Who broke out the 3rd window? LEO?

1st pic shows 2 windows broken out,second picture shows 3 broken.

Its a sad day when no one is responsible for false facts anymore,
    especially news channels such as CNN,,NBC,,etc...

ACCOUNTABLE!!! Not

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    What third window, I see two windows with the curtains being sucked out of the room because the door is wide open to the hall.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    What third window, I see two windows with the curtains being sucked out of the room because the door is wide open to the hall.

May want to buy ya some specs man.

That line between windows is not for show ,that is a metal piece to
    install the window too.It is called a frame.And it is pretty thick.It
    has to hold a 100pd window.

Top Bottom