Backlash from LV shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    No, no, no.

It is NOT a grey area. It still requires one pull of the trigger for each round sent down range.

Who is going to confiscate my personal property, that I legally obtained? Who is going to reimburse me ? Aren't there any Constitutional issues that you can see involved in this?

I feel like I've been thrown under a bus.

I'm going to have to reconsider my committee membership.

The reason and function of the item is the grey area.

So how it a Echo legal? One shot on the pull and one on the release? This is the one I don't understand.

I do see, very clearly, Constitutional issues. I haven't seen anything regarding confiscation from the NRA. They asked for bumpfire to be looked at, which IMO is a clear indication of a proactive response. NFA regs to SAVE THE DEVICE rather than have the Dems ban it. They have to start somewhere and if it was the NRA suggesting NFA regs for bumpfire, the idea would be immediately attacked.
    It may be wishful thinking, but this is the play I see.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    The NRA is suppose to be out voice blah blah blah.

Have you people not learned to speak for yourselves than to let someone else do it on behalf of your name? I'm a bit younger than many here and I learned that 20 years ago.

They are not your voice, you sign up for an org to be part of their voice. It is not the other way around. Stop typing and revoke your NRA membership/Rep Party/change your voter registration to unaffiliated. Just take an action. Take an action.

The libtards at least have that down pat; they protest, they shut down businesses, get others in legal limbo that forces closures. If we can't match that they will eventually win.

This entire discussion is nothing more than a great example of the issues with both sides. "do what I want or I'm going to do this". A society built on threats. Nah, have a backbone... make your action. Spew here about what you did, not what you may.

Mike

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So how it a Echo legal? One shot on the pull and one on the release? This is the one I don't understand.

Each movement, the pulling of the trigger and the release of the trigger, is a deliberate action. Each deliberate action results in one round being fired. In that respect, the Echo can arguable be said to be much different than the bumpfire. With the bumpfire, one deliberate action, the pulling of the trigger, allows the recoil of the weapon to cycle the rifle and allows the return of the weapon to fire another round. So one deliberate action, the operator pulling the trigger once, results in multiple rounds being fired.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    First let me say I don't like it but here is the best you can do and maybe score a few points with the general population, not the hard core banners.
    From the get go the bump stock was a disaster looking for a place to happen, it found one, I knew it was coming, surprised it took so long. Best out come is it be reclassified under title II. Present owners get grandfathered in just as was done in 1968 for unregistered war trophies. Win for NRA, no actual gun control law passed, nothing banned, but problem solved, win for owners when the value of their property goes up, satisfies the general non gun public that something was done.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/09/dean-weingarten/amnesty-administration-can-implement/

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    First let me say I don't like it but here is the best you can do and maybe score a few points with the general population, not the hard core banners.
    From the get go the bump stock was a disaster looking for a place to happen, it found one, I knew it was coming, surprised it took so long. Best out come is it be reclassified under title II. Present owners get grandfathered in just as was done in 1968 for unregistered war trophies. Win for NRA, no actual gun control law passed, nothing banned, but problem solved, win for owners when the value of their property goes up, satisfies the general non gun public that something was done.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/09/dean-weingarten/amnesty-administration-can-implement/

So they get something and we get nothing. There goes another “chip”.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I've been noticing an increase in commentators on even Fox News calling for a ban on so called "assault weapons" and hi capacity magazines. Looks like they creep from the bump stock to other things have already started. I truly believe the chances of any actual legislation being passed are slim to none though.

I do get a kick out of their argument. "No one NEEDS a......."

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Yeah , my sister asked me that question one time . Why do you " need " a gun that can fire 30 rds ? I told her , I don't " need ' it . I " want " it . Just like that SUV out in her driveway . She didn't " need " it . But there it sits .

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    22195979_1915775255105960_8197870115812611448_n.jpg

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    we have to be careful not to fall for the trap of "need" or "practical use" arguments...that's a slope no one wants to navigate.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    So they get something and we get nothing. There goes another *chip*.

Actually, if they did that and turned your bump-fire stock into a transferable machine gun, the value of that stock would suddenly be huge and would only increase over time. Your bump-fire stock could be worth it's weight in gold.

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Actually, if they did that and turned your bump-fire stock into a transferable machine gun, the value of that stock would suddenly be huge and would only increase over time. Your bump-fire stock could be worth it's weight in gold.

No one would buy them for that price with new trigger systems that work better and cost less(assuming they don’t get thrown into the mix) Honestly I think the stocks are worthless now as is.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    The NRA is suppose to be out voice blah blah blah.

Have you people not learned to speak for yourselves than to let someone else do it on behalf of your name? I'm a bit younger than many here and I learned that 20 years ago.

They are not your voice, you sign up for an org to be part of their voice. It is not the other way around. Stop typing and revoke your NRA membership/Rep Party/change your voter registration to unaffiliated. Just take an action. Take an action.

The libtards at least have that down pat; they protest, they shut down businesses, get others in legal limbo that forces closures. If we can't match that they will eventually win.

This entire discussion is nothing more than a great example of the issues with both sides. "do what I want or I'm going to do this". A society built on threats. Nah, have a backbone... make your action. Spew here about what you did, not what you may.

Mike

++++1 Couldn't have said it any better:)

We shall see,but I don't believe the ATF is going to take something away that
    it already made available and even sent letters with it.They wouldn't own up
    to 50k guns to mexico,you really think they are going to admit they screwed
    up by letting BFS out in the world,seriously?

And on a back note,heres an idea guys,3d Printer!!!!

Don't make america great again,we were always great.

BRING AMERICA BACK!!!

Last edited:

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    No one would buy them for that price with new trigger systems that work better and cost less(assuming they don’t get thrown into the mix) Honestly I think the stocks are worthless now as is.

Your partially right.The gat system is way faster,we clocked it.Beats BFS by almost double.
    And I thought that was preps whole point was for the end of times.There wont be no criminal
    or non criminal.Only good people and crazy mfers.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just curious, what is the practical use of a slidefire or similar setup? I have always seen them as a novelty item with no real practical use. Can someone enlighten me?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom