Backlash from LV shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Just curious, what is the practical use of a slidefire or similar setup? I have always seen them as a novelty item with no real practical use. Can someone enlighten me?

Absolutely a novelty. BRRRAAAAPPPPPP $20....BRRRRAAAAPPPPP $20.... BRRRAAAPPPPPP $20. and then you're over it

But it's super-fun if someone else is paying for the ammo! :dogkeke:

Last edited:

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Just curious, what is the practical use of a slidefire or similar setup? I have always seen them as a novelty item with no real practical use. Can someone enlighten me?

To be honest.Ive really only seen the plus side a few times with the stock
    Ferrel pigs run in packs of around 30 or more.Also its just F'in fun man!!!

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    New report from Gunbroker.

Yes,you can still see BFS for sale,but this is what GB is doing.

Taken from a seller." They are removing the listings 1 hour before end of auction,but
    if you click buy now,it will go through and I will send the stock within 1 day"

I'm sure GB will catch on to that soon:(

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

I can use mine for short, controlled bursts of accurate fire. Those who say that they are useless have never been trained in the operation of FA weapon systems. Mag dumps are useless. Short, controlled bursts of aimed fire are very effective.

The practical purpose is the defense against tyrants.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I can use mine for short, controlled bursts of accurate fire. Those who say that they are useless have never been trained in the operation of FA weapon systems. Mag dumps are useless. Short, controlled bursts of aimed fire are very effective.

How accurate can you be, when your hands are moving in opposite directions, and you can't pull the rifle into your shoulder? Honest question. Wouldn't a real FA be much more controllable?

The only 'practical' use I have seen is when used with a bipod, as a sort of pseudo-LMG. As a support weapon, maybe it makes sense. IDK, I'm no operator. Sorta like this though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qE4k1CUZYM <<< that looks very controllable.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    How accurate can you be, when your hands are moving in opposite directions, and you can't pull the rifle into your shoulder? Honest question. Wouldn't a real FA be much more controllable?

The only 'practical' use I have seen is when used with a bipod, as a sort of pseudo-LMG. As a support weapon, maybe it makes sense. IDK, I'm no operator. Sorta like this though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qE4k1CUZYM <<< that looks very controllable.

Actually, My Slide Fire allows a rate of fire of about 500 rpm. My M16 would have a rate of fire of ~900 rpm. That difference allows the Bumpfire stock to be fired more accurately.

Tell y'all what. If'n any of y'all want to understand, bring a mag of ammo to Honey Island next Sunday Morning. I'll bring my rifle. Y'all can shoot it to your heart's content, in short controlled bursts.

Open invite.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

And that's why the military went to a 3 round burst. You can closely mimic a 2 round burst with a binary trigger. Or a 4 round burst with a "double tap" from a binary trigger. You should have a belt fed weapon for FA to have any practical purpose. Or perhaps a Magpul D60 or a Surefire 100 round mag. And from a tactical perspective, you only need one or two automatic (or close to automatic) weapons for a full squad of people, whether it be in 556 to replicate a SAW or in 762 to replicate a 240B. I can't imagine how you can replicate an M2 or a MK19. But a binary trigger will suit the average user just fine for short controlled bursts.

P.S. - I believe bump stocks should be legal. But I also believe the single deliberate sustained action needed to make them function as intended put them closer to FA despite the repeated trigger reset. But FA should be legal.

P.P.S. - Essayons

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Actually, Bill Akins was very much a 'gun guy'. He was fascinated with rapid fire weapons systems and had a genius for invention. He first manufactured his stocks for the SKS rifles, with a letter from the BATFE. It total many thousands of his stocks were sold. The BATFE suddenly reversed their decision, and ruled the stocks illegal due to a mechanical advantage of a spring in the device. Suddenly thousands of law abiding citizens were instant criminals, until they removed that little spring from their stock.

This is where we are heading now. The BATFE is not likely to change their ruling, unless Congress changes the language of the laws they enforce. BATFE does not make the laws, it just enforces them. It WILL go before Congress. Congress WILL vote to ban any device that allows a semi-automatic weapon to be fired in rapid fashion. This will also include binary triggers, and aftermarket trigger packs. They will also ban 'High Capacity Magazines'. The only question is: Will President Trump sign the legislation? I hope not.
    What can you do? Call your legislators. Tell them that RHINOS are destined to die on the vine. They need to become REAL Republicans or face the consequences in November.
    VOTE

MrNiceGuy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    New Orleans Louisiana
    To the people questioning the accuracy of a bump stock there is a forum on ar15.com that you should glance through. If you Google "bump saw" it should be the top lost. It's about 70 pages. I thought they were just a way to waste ammo real fast unroll I started researching more because of the Vegas attack. These guys are opening up their gas systems and using ar10 springs with low mass buffers and bolt carriers to speed up the cyclic rates and eliminate hammer follow. Some of them have gotten them as high as 1200-1400 rounds a minute. Accuracy is achieved through use of a bipod. They use the support hand on top behind the sight and push down and forward. There are videos of them putting large strings of fire on targets at 300 yards. They can also 1 hand fire them. They either have extended rear takedown pins installed or use one of those end plate sling adaptors to push off with their thumb.. It's pretty interesting if you have the time to browse through it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    To the people questioning the accuracy of a bump stock there is a forum on ar15.com that you should glance through. If you Google "bump saw" it should be the top lost. It's about 70 pages. I thought they were just a way to waste ammo real fast unroll I started researching more because of the Vegas attack. These guys are opening up their gas systems and using ar10 springs with low mass buffers and bolt carriers to speed up the cyclic rates and eliminate hammer follow. Some of them have gotten them as high as 1200-1400 rounds a minute. Accuracy is achieved through use of a bipod. They use the support hand on top behind the sight and push down and forward. There are videos of them putting large strings of fire on targets at 300 yards. They can also 1 hand fire them. They either have extended rear takedown pins installed or use one of those end plate sling adaptors to push off with their thumb.. It's pretty interesting if you have the time to browse through it.

Yes, they can be very accurate given a large enough magazine. The first round can be aimed. The second through fifth or sixth are usually getting the weapon back under control. After that, the operator can walk the rounds back on target. The stock on a 556 rifle mimics the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW). The SAW can accept M16/M4 mags but usually uses a 200 round belt. One of the techniques for aimed firing is to aim slightly below the target and control the recoil as best you can so the rounds after the first few are the ones actually on target. Once you get the rhythm of the recoil, you can put a string of rounds on target. With a 30 round magazine, that may happen as you are running empty.

SAW
    1200px-PEO_M249_Para_ACOG.jpg

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

This is awesome.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Yes, they can be very accurate given a large enough magazine. The first round can be aimed. The second through fifth or sixth are usually getting the weapon back under control. After that, the operator can walk the rounds back on target. The stock on a 556 rifle mimics the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW). The SAW can accept M16/M4 mags but usually uses a 200 round belt. One of the techniques for aimed firing is to aim slightly below the target and control the recoil as best you can so the rounds after the first few are the ones actually on target. Once you get the rhythm of the recoil, you can put a string of rounds on target. With a 30 round magazine, that may happen as you are running empty.

SAW
    1200px-PEO_M249_Para_ACOG.jpg

As I understand from guys who've spent more than a an introductory amount of time with M249s using a 30 rd mag is possible, but more often than not comes close to converting the weapon into semi-auto.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As I understand from guys who've spent more than a an introductory amount of time with M249s using a 30 rd mag is possible, but more often than not comes close to converting the weapon into semi-auto.

I never actually saw anyone use a mag except to show it could be done. Every time we "left the wire" the SAW gunners had the soft pouches like in the picture.

Top Bottom