Backlash from LV shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So what do y'all think will come about this?

I believe that a bill will get pushed that does a few things. I believe that dems will write a bill (and get some Repub support) that bans slide/bump fire stocks, gat triggers and binary triggers. They may even try a magazine ban based on capacity. The SHARE act will be dead in the water now. Will the new bill pass? I believe it will, but hope it doesn't. (I thought Hillary would win too so I've been wrong before).

People are so ignorant of these parts that "make a gun fully automatic". It's really a joke, and I haven't heard a single person on MSM stating "it doesn't make it full auto, it just allows for faster trigger pulls."

Thoughts?

Last edited:

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    None of the above will happen if every gun owner would get active by, at the very least, send the prewritten emails from their favorite second amendment advocacy group. Eternal vigilance is the price for a ticket on the freedom train.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    None of the above will happen if every gun owner would get active by, at the very least, send the prewritten emails from their favorite second amendment advocacy group. Eternal vigilance is the price for a ticket on the freedom train.

Problem is, you will see a significant portion of gun owners concede to a ban of these items. Some, I imagine, are even ok with a magazine cap limit.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Each time the Democrats bring something forward they overplay key aspects of the bill with some insanity such as AR style rifles. I would expect the same. No one wants criminals or the mentally disturbed to have access to guns but that legislation is hard work. Democrats have repeatedly demonstrated a greater level of affinity toward the criminal than they have for legal gun owners, they're neighbors. They want to reduce sentencing guidelines for violent criminals, they don't want stop and frisk, the cities they run are lawless and violent, they want to impede criminal justice over some misguided sorrowful sentiment for the criminal's circumstances. Then they want to disarm legal gun owners, make them criminals outright, and dump them in prisons. I can't wait to the commentaries from the so called gun experts on the left.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Problem is, you will see a significant portion of gun owners concede to a ban of these items. Some, I imagine, are even ok with a magazine cap limit.

Two longtime gun owners I know said yesterday that they feel it’s time for tougher gun laws. One of them sold every gun he owns to his boss. I just shook my head and walked off.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Check out what the Anti Gun Saint's coach Sean Payton had to say in Today's Advocate.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I'm going to go buy some 30rd PMags . Just in case . I'll stash them with the new in box AR I have put away for the next panic . The Dems are not going to let this one go without trying to capitalize on it .

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Guys, 26 kids died. A democratic president and democratic house and congress couldn't pass anything.

Nothing is going to happen, don't panic buy.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This AP story was printed in the Advocate today. The...ignorance...just...keeps...growing. Does anyone with even a sliver of knowledge review these stories before they go out?

In case you didn't know, bump fire stocks were created "with the idea of making it easier for people with disabilities to shoot a gun" (coulda sworn braces were developed for that)

And the "industry leader" in bump stocks is Slide Force... If you actually go to their site, they make rubber cover things that help weak people rack a pistol..... nothing about bump fire stocks

https://apnews.com/ff26110203da4a28bfd1d99022fb401c

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The fact this guy used an ar with a bump fire stock at 1100 feet surprises me.

Terrible tragedy for sure, hope the media focuses on the man behind the action rather than his tooling.

Quoted from the above linked story:

Kevin Michalowski, executive editor of Concealed Carry Magazine, agreed.

“If he used fully automatic weapons, he likely got them illegally. If he used aftermarket parts, he used them for illegal activities,” Michalowski said. “For whatever reason, this man wanted to kill lots of people. ... Adding extra restrictions to guns, magazines or accessories will not prevent others from committing mass murder.”

This is the best quote I have read in a long time.

Last edited:

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    The fact this guy used an ar with a bump fire stock at 1100 feet surprises me...

Why? This guy simply wanted to put out as many rounds as he could before the cops stopped him. No precision firing, no specific targets, just "spray and pray" into a big barrel of victims. What he did doesn't require a lot of skill, just insanity.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Glad he didn't hijack a garbage truck and tear through the crowd. The gun is just a tool. its a horrible tragedy but could have been much worse. It's a evil mind problem. We are becoming a Godless Nation with no respect for human life or authority. More will be killed in the next few days in the Windy City than was murdered in LV. Not a word about it. Hmmm....

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Glad he didn't hijack a garbage truck and tear through the crowd. The gun is just a tool. its a horrible tragedy but could have been much worse. It's a evil mind problem. We are becoming a Godless Nation with no respect for human life or authority. More will be killed in the next few days in the Windy City than was murdered in LV. Not a word about it. Hmmm....

I've been fighting to get garbage trucks outlawed for YEARS!!!!! But only the big green ones

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans

There will always be short sighted, small minded individuals. Their ignorance is no excuse for inaction by anyone concerned with preserving liberty that knows better. I am not calling you out personally. It is just time for people concerned with liberty to come out, be heard and counter the lies of those that seek to curtail our enumerated constitutional rights.

Top Bottom