Backlash from LV shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Didn't take long....bill to ban bump fire stocks, Sen. Feinstein.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c4a_1507137063

They're offered on Gunbroker right now for $300-1000 dollars, buy now.

On a lateral note...I toyed with the idea of buying a Fostech Echo II...I confirmed my order today. Gotta get while the gettin is good; and also why the hell not!?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    "Thompson said a bill under consideration in the House that would eliminate the requirement for a license before buying a gun silencer is "dangerous."

House Speaker Paul Ryan has said there are no plans to bring the bill to a House vote anytime soon."

HPA is dead now, no doubt.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/10/04/House-Democrats-pushing-gun-control-after-Las-Vegas-mass-shooting/3041507127197/?utm_source=fp&utm_campaign=ds&utm_medium=3

From a separate article on NOLA. These are the people crafting legislation/bills (Feinstein and her staff). Clearly they don't know the difference between a semi-automatic weapon or an automatic weapon, or how these specific weapons truly function.

"The devices, known as "bump stocks" among other names, are legal and originally were intended to help people with limited hand mobility fire a semi-automatic without the individual trigger pulls required. They can fit over the rear shoulder-stock assembly on an automatic rifle and with applied pressure cause the weapon to fire continuously, increasing the rate from between 45 and 60 rounds per minute to between 400 and 800 rounds per minute, according to Feinstein's office."

Bunch of overpaid dumb azzes....

http://www.nola.com/national_politics/2017/10/some_republicans_open_to_banni.html#incart_river_home

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Fostech, slide fire, stabilizing braces, and tannerite will all go bye bye very soon. Just a prediction. Both side will support it because it saves lives. Let's face it, these are people we the people voted into office.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    They always focus on the tools the maniac used instead of the maniac. Screw the kneejerk opportunists. Write your reps and let them know you are watching and won't tolerate collaboration with the banners.

BTW- Now they know that Paddock had booked a room overlooking the Lalapalooza (sp) festival in Chicago, earlier....This guy was a time bomb hidden in plain sight. I guess he just chose to carry out his evil in Las Vegas, instead.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I'd be ok with bump fire going bye bye. Thousands of rounds and hours down range, countless classes and I have yet to see one. I've seen them on YouTube being fired by stereotypical southerners chumping about having a "full auto AR". They sound much like the reporters on CNN and MSNBC.

I understand they are legal, but I also understand its a clear gray area.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    They always focus on the tools the maniac used instead of the maniac. Screw the kneejerk opportunists. Write your reps and let them know you are watching and won't tolerate collaboration with the banners.

BTW- Now they know that Paddock had booked a room overlooking the Lalapalooza (sp) festival in Chicago, earlier....This guy was a time bomb hidden in plain sight. I guess he just chose to carry out his evil in Las Vegas, instead.

They are all hidden time bombs until they go boom.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Sooooo, I'm curious, if they ban bump stocks are they going to ban belt loops, too? Because that was the original bump shooting, from the hip, with a finger in your belt loop. and I've seen some vids of guys who are very proficient, and relatively accurate, firing that way.

snoopygw73

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    mandeville/covington
    This is why I hate republicans and in this one case, the NRA. Both had an outstanding bargaining chip. The could have offered an olive branch in the form of a compromise to the Dems. Attach bump fire stocks to the hearing protection act. Remove suppressors from the NFA registry and add bumpfire stocks to it. BOOM!!!!! Everyone wins and everyone is happy. BUT, NO!!!!!! Of course not. The NRA just flushed it's bargaining chip down the damn toilet. THE NRA JUST CALLED FOR A FULL LEGAL REVIEW OF BUMPFIRE STOCKS. Stupid morons don't know how to politic!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The NRA just rolled over. Both sides of the isle don't care about us. It's all about votes and power. We no longer have a choice, they are all one in the same. If they can crumble the second all the rest will follow.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    This is why I hate republicans and in this one case, the NRA. Both had an outstanding bargaining chip. The could have offered an olive branch in the form of a compromise to the Dems. Attach bump fire stocks to the hearing protection act. Remove suppressors from the NFA registry and add bumpfire stocks to it. BOOM!!!!! Everyone wins and everyone is happy. BUT, NO!!!!!! Of course not. The NRA just flushed it's bargaining chip down the damn toilet. THE NRA JUST CALLED FOR A FULL LEGAL REVIEW OF BUMPFIRE STOCKS. Stupid morons don't know how to politic!

This is exactly what I thought when I heard the NRA folded. Once again, we the people are screwed by those who are supposed to be our voice.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Adding bump fire to the NFA rules is a good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Did the NRA come out with an opinion on bump fire? All I read was that they are requesting a review. Politically that's a good move, getting out in front with action rather than rhetoric.

Its harder for your opposition, say the Dems, to compete if you are already taking action. Lets be honest, 99% of Dem action is always talk not action.

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    One NEVER ever gives the left one single inch! Their goal is to slowly chip away at your gun rights since they can't do away with the second amendment.

Not one single stinking inch!

This. Today it is bump fire stocks because it is the "thing" used to kill people. Next time (and there will always be a next time) it will be high cap magazines as the "thing". Chips have been flying for way too long as it is.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I'd be ok with bump fire going bye bye. Thousands of rounds and hours down range, countless classes and I have yet to see one. I've seen them on YouTube being fired by stereotypical southerners chumping about having a "full auto AR". They sound much like the reporters on CNN and MSNBC.

I understand they are legal, but I also understand its a clear gray area.

This is exactly what I thought when I heard the NRA folded. Once again, we the people are screwed by those who are supposed to be our voice.

No, no, no.

It is NOT a grey area. It still requires one pull of the trigger for each round sent down range.

Who is going to confiscate my personal property, that I legally obtained? Who is going to reimburse me ? Aren't there any Constitutional issues that you can see involved in this?

I feel like I've been thrown under a bus.

I'm going to have to reconsider my committee membership.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Been hearing backwash against the NRA. Heard members will start dropping out if they give in. This will be getting interesting really fast!

TheBigRServices

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Loranger, La
    I'm thinking letting the NRA know how it's members feel about bump fire stocks and silencers would be a good idea instead of just waiting to see what they think it's members feel about it. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with bump fire stocks being added to the nfa if it means silencers gets removed. But I also understand the idea of "if they take away that, what's next?"
    I guess I'll type an email to the nra to tell them how I feel... maybe after I make sure my membership is up to date. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    First they came for the slide fire stocks and i did not speak out-

because i was not a slide fire stock

then they came for the large capacity magazines and i did not speak out-

because i was not a large capacity magazine.

Then they came for the black rifles and i did not speak out-

because i was not a black rifle

then they came for me-and there was no one left to speak for me.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Idiots.That is so far from truth.A rubber band will do the same thing.a modified stock will
    do the same thing,belt loop,,wire,,etc... Cant ban rubber bands,can they?

First off,a real FA runs around 8-900 rds a minute continuously.A slidefire stock,and yes
    I have used one many times,shoots an average of around 3-500rds max and that's if
    your really good at pushing forward.Lots of practice.

NRA has no motive in this era other than to make you join to pay money to be in a group
    so you can say.Im an NRA member,im just as dumb as they are.Reminds me of the group
    wounded warriors,what a crock! They use maybe,maybe 1% of all funds that come in.

Americans need to make up their own group,start it by gunsmiths,people that actually
    use and work on firearms.Not political idiots such as the NRA.I never joined because I
    actually did my homework on them years ago.They very ,very seldom win any cases for
    the regular members.You never get invites to anything.There is no reason they should
    not be abolished.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom