Hunting / Fishing campsite leasing?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    There is not really a good place to post this question, but here goes:

My family owns some farm land in Catahoula parish which has roughly 1,500 feet of water front footage along split between the Ouchita river and one of the detached Oxbow / bayous (about 500 feet on the river and 1,000 along the bayou), it is also located within 10 miles of the Catahoula National wildlife refuge. Over the years we have been approached by individuals that wanted to buy some of the water front property for camp sites, however the family does not want to sell. Though there may be interest in dong long term leases of this frontage land, if it can be done in a way that does not require a substantial upfront investment. There is a dirt farm road around the perimeter of the field along, the active farm land that is probably 10 feet above the normal water level for the river / bayou, though of course this can come up during spring floods..., this is considered a flood plane area, though the fields rarely flood (last time I am aware of was in the early 70's) This water front land is heavily wooded, and 100-150 ft thick slopes down to the waters edge. I will attach a couple of photos of one of the existing water access clearings to give you and idea what it looks like, the photo was taken about a year ago when I was camped there in my RV (I live on the other side of the state).

Now down to the question, do you think there would be a market for long term (10,15,20, ... year) leases of land here, as-is to be cleared by the lessee and including as is access right of way on the dirt farm road, say in 100x100 ft parcels, or 100 ft wide by X depth from road to water? Does anyone know the legal issues with doing such, I know lots of people camp out on hunting leases, but I don't know the logistics of how things like how illegal sewage discharge, littering, etc. is dealt with? And finally What would be a fair lease amount for such a location?

Thanks Ike

up-hill-from-water-edge.jpgbayou3.jpgtrek-bayou2.jpgtrek-bayou1.jpg

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    The state leases plenty of waterfront property at 10 year leases. It’s not expensive and your on you’re own if you do it. Individuals do lease that type of land as well. In fact I think people have built nice houses on false river on land they lease.
    I’m not an expert but I would advise if you do it make a proper septic system required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I have some land in catahoula parish as well, we lease some of it out. I think I know the area your talking about.
    Pm me for contact info if you want to talk further, it’s been a learning experience .

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I think the little lots for lease around Toledo are running from 125.00 to 175.00 per month.

Someone mentioned sewage, That you would have to put in if your long term leasing this not to mention electricity and water.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom