Q The Fix

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I’ve been checking out The Fix by Q, anyone get a chance to check one out? Looking at either the 6.5 CM or .308. I keep hearing 6.5 CM is the better round. How is ammo availablity with 6.5 CM compared to .308. Kevin Brittingham over at Q is making some nice stuff and I’m looking to pre order The Fix by tomorrow morning. Just having a hard time making my mind up about which round to go with since I already have a metric ton of .308.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I’ve been checking out The Fix by Q, anyone get a chance to check one out? Looking at either the 6.5 CM or .308. I keep hearing 6.5 CM is the better round. How is ammo availablity with 6.5 CM compared to .308. Kevin Brittingham over at Q is making some nice stuff and I’m looking to pre order The Fix by tomorrow morning. Just having a hard time making my mind up about which round to go with since I already have a metric ton of .308.

Interstate guns in Hammond has them last I heard. At least one of the guys I know there personally owns one. Go check them out.

Last edited:

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Better for what?
    Shooting paper targets at 1000 yds?
    Lookin cool on Instagram?
    Hunting?

All three actually. 6.5CM is a great hunting round. 140g bullets at 2800fps with much better BC than 308.
    I'm heavily invested in 308 but 6.5CM will be my next rifle and it will be the Fix. It will be my go to hunting rifle.

I've handled the Fix in person it's amazing. Tyler at Interstate Guns has one. They are a stocking dealer. Go by an check it out. We shot a 100/200/300yd competition last month with Tyler and his 6.5CM Fix by Q, with a Q suppressor on it also, and he shot a perfect score with it. I was really impressed. Especially with the weight of the gun and the 45deg bolt throw. You can work the bolt with your trigger finger. It's def one of the nicest hunting/competition rifles that's hit the market.

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    All three actually. 6.5CM is a great hunting round. 140g bullets at 2800fps with much better BC than 308.
    I'm heavily invested in 308 but 6.5CM will be my next rifle and it will be the Fix. It will be my go to hunting rifle.

I've handled the Fix in person it's amazing. Tyler at Interstate Guns has one. They are a stocking dealer. Go by an check it out. We shot a 100/200/300yd competition last month with Tyler and his 6.5CM Fix by Q, with a Q suppressor on it also, and he shot a perfect score with it. I was really impressed. Especially with the weight of the gun and the 45deg bolt throw. You can work the bolt with your trigger finger. It's def one of the nicest hunting/competition rifles that's hit the market.

I’ll give them a call a see how’s it looking. I saw the Fix during their 2nd Amendment holiday but jumped on the 7* Honey Badger and a Trash Panda. Q is making some neat stuff. I’d definitely like to hold one and take a look in person.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    I’ll give them a call a see how’s it looking. I saw the Fix during their 2nd Amendment holiday but jumped on the 7* Honey Badger and a Trash Panda. Q is making some neat stuff. I’d definitely like to hold one and take a look in person.

The Trash Panda is the can he was using on the Fix. That taper mount is really neat. That will be my next can also. You made a great choice on that. So yea I want basically the same setup Tyler has, 6.5CM Fix and Trash Panda. By the way all set up with a bipod, the Trash Panda, and a kahles k624i (which alone is over 2bls) the whole setup weighted in at 12lbs exactly. That's crazy light. It was impressive.

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    The Trash Panda is the can he was using on the Fix. That taper mount is really neat. That will be my next can also. You made a great choice on that. So yea I want basically the same setup Tyler has, 6.5CM Fix and Trash Panda. By the way all set up with a bipod, the Trash Panda, and a kahles k624i (which alone is over 2bls) the whole setup weighted in at 12lbs exactly. That's crazy light. It was impressive.

Went and talked with Chris, was really impressed with the Fix so I went ordered the 6.5CM. I like the taper mount too, I’ve got a AAC can with a quick connect that constantly fouls up around the threads. Need to find a range with more than 100yds so I can practice reaching out with my .308 until my Fix comes in.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Sweet man I'm jealous. Check out Palo Alto (http://www.paloaltogunclub.com/) see if they are accepting new members. They have a 100, a 200, and a 600yd rifle bay where you can shoot 300/400/500 also. There are some smaller pistol bays as well. If you like to shoot I think it's prob the closest one to you that offers that.

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    Sorry its taken me so long to comment but:

I'm digging my FIX.

Currently in the safe Ive got a Sako TRG22 and and AI AE MKII. Before I got wind pre-SHOT 2016, I was in the market for a switch barrel rifle. A one do it all gun. I shot pretty regurlaly before leaving Lafayette 5 or 6 years ago because i had access to a 725 yd range. After leaving and the lack of local ranges I became more of a pistol/carbine shooter. The need for two high end bolt guns didn't exist anymore. Being the shooter I am (if I don't shoot it I don;t keep it) the hunt was on for a one does it all gun.

The Barrett MRAD was going to be what I was going to go with, mostly because the similar rifles were too expensive for my taste (AX MC, FN Ballista, and whatever the Sako switch barrel PSR rifle is....M24?)

I got a phone call from a buddy of mine that does branding for some pretty major brands and he told me KBs new company was finially putting a catalogue together. That's when I first learned about the FIX.

Looking at the spec sheet I was really excited about the gun. Something that doesn't happen in an industry of recycled product. I held off my decision to get the MRAD till I went to SHOT and could get hands on the FIX. Needless to say once I held it and was able to run the bolt and spend time with it I fell in love. I became a Q dealer and the rest is history.

I went 6.5 CM on the base gun because of the superior ballistics to the 308 in terms of versatility. Of course now with Hornady releasing the 6 prc factory loads I really want one of those. But in the mean time I'll probably spin up a 300wsm barrel for the FIX if I need a magnum caliber.

At the moment I'm switching between a leupold mk6 3-18 and a k624i. After hunting with the MK6 in Utah i'm not a fan of it for that application and will probably pick up a Swaro Z8 for hunting and keep the K624i for a PRS set up. Sure wish Nighforce would come out with a lighter weight 4-16 H59 option.

Also went with the Q trash panda. I've been really impressed with their cans and I'm looking forward to the 45 version of the erector.

If there is something I haven't touched on or you guys have questions about Q products just let me know.

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    Trying to sell some rifles to fund one from you Chris! Do you have one at the shop usually to Handel? Any light weight illuminated hunting scopes you would recommend. I don't know if I want to move my z8 from you onto the fix...wanted to see if there was something lighter that was nice. Or I move the z8 to the fix and get a meopro r2 to replace it on my 700.

Last edited:

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    Trying to sell some rifles to fund one from you Chris! Do you have one at the shop usually to Handel? Any light weight illuminated hunting scopes you would recommend. I don't know if I want to move my z8 from you onto the fix...wanted to see if there was something lighter that was nice. Or I move the z8 to the fix and get a meopro r2 to replace it on my 700.

Yes, I pretty much keep mine here but shoot me a phone call before you come just to make sure.

Light weight hungting and illuminated (just throwing options down off the top of my head)........
    Leupold VX5-HD http://www.sportoptics.com/leupold-vx5hd-rifle-scopes-171390.aspx
    Lecia Magnus
    Swaro Z6/Z8i
    Zeiss Conquest DL

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom