Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Anybody know what the law says about shooting near a dwelling ? This would be East Baton Rouge Parish . Everybody I ask seems to have a different answer .

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    https://library.municode.com/la/bat...ode_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT13CRLA_S13_93DIFI

Sec. 13:93. - Discharge of firearms.
    (a) Shooting of firearms within the city. It shall be unlawful to shoot or discharge a gun, pistol, revolver, rifle or other firearm within the city except in a regularly established rifle or pistol range built and operated under the proper safety precautions. The prohibition of this section shall not apply to members of the federal, state or municipal government authorized to carry such firearms, when acting within the scope of their authority. (b) Discharge of firearms in the parish; definitions; exceptions.

(1) The discharge of any type pistol or rifle for any purpose by any person within one-half mile of any street, road or house in the parish is hereby prohibited.

(2) The discharge of other types of firearms, including shotguns of any description which may be used for the explosion of cartridges or air gun, BB gun, gas-operated gun or spring gun, for any purpose by any person within five hundred (500) feet of any street, road or house in the parish is hereby prohibited.

(3) The provisions of this subsection shall not be construed so as to prohibit any person from discharging a firearm in the defense of his person, family or property.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yep that's it. Pretty hard to shoot legally in EBR. On my 55 acres I can't legally shoot a pistol or rifle. When those punks killed the deer at my house at night from the road I was telling the EBRSO Deputy what the EBR Parish law was and she didn't have a clue

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    That's my point . Everybody has a different understanding of the law . Most are wrong .

Top Bottom