Fire Extinguisher Training

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    When we'd have a fire bottle that was loosing pressure, of course I'd buy a replacement. I'd air the old bottle up back up with the air compressor. Pour some gasoline in an old pan in the back yard and set fire to it. Then my Korean wife would use the old fire bottle to put the fire out. I'd keep filling the bottle up and re-starting the fire until all the powder was gone, making her start from scratch every time. Over the past 25 years we've done this two or three times. She always thought it was foolish.

Well......

Today she was over at the weekend house by herself using the old, worn out, push mower on the weeds by the pond. The gas cap came off, spilled gas, and promptly caught fire! She ran into the house, grabbed the fire bottle, and put the fire out. Because I had forced real hands on training on her she knew exactly what to do and how to do it. We needed a new mower anyway.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    That's good to hear! Training for something important is always time well spent.

I have to take computer based training on them every year. Actually putting out a fire with one is way more exciting.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Always remember P.A.S.S. Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep.
    pass.jpg

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    That's good to hear! Training for something important is always time well spent.

I have to take computer based training on them every year. Actually putting out a fire with one is way more exciting.

Every 5 years I had to renew my firefighting certificate for my Masters ticket, the first time I went we had to put out a fire that was in a trough that was about 30 ft long and about 1 ft wide at first no one could put it out but by the end of the week we all use the same bottle twice.
    Training does make the different

Top Bottom