calling all night hunters!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    All the little girls come out to show their pretty little dresses,but no real advice.lol

I'm a man that may or may not own around 4k acres with use to be many many
    ferrel hogs.

1. As one said this optic for cheap,,photon XT

2.Cree green light.Wide and great to lightem up.

3.Good green laser.

4. Bore laser.

I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

I hardly ever use the nv scope,only to see them coming.Once hit with cree,
    laser is where it needs to be,done.

Anyone need some hog meat next month? lol

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    All the little girls come out to show their pretty little dresses,but no real advice.lol

I'm a man that may or may not own around 4k acres with use to be many many
    ferrel hogs.

1. As one said this optic for cheap,,photon XT

2.Cree green light.Wide and great to lightem up.

3.Good green laser.

4. Bore laser.

I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

I hardly ever use the nv scope,only to see them coming.Once hit with cree,
    laser is where it needs to be,done.

Anyone need some hog meat next month? lol

I'm IN!

JSNH

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Prairieville
    I've used the green lights before and they didn't flinch when I turned them on. I've also used a regular spotlight, but you have to be ready to shoot. With the regular light, I let them come in, get settled, and preoccupied with rooting before I turn on the light.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I don't think there is a season per se for hogs in LA you just can't hunt them at night during deer season unless it is on private property and you inform the wardens. Other than that I believe it is pretty open.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I don't necessarily know the answer to your question, People generally just take care of business. Here's a link if you wish to browse the regs!

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/regulations

I think you are required to buy a special license also to hunt hogs at night on private property. I remember seeing something about it in the legislature and that permit was for three or four nights and with notification to the local LEO's. I always hunted them at night but never carried a firearm and was never bothered by Wildlife officers. Checked many a time but was not hasseled because we just carried a knife.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I think its just a conspiracy.

Where is the hog.It may have been just a guy dressed as a hog.

Where are the eyewitness hogs,nowhere to be found.

Why would 1 big hog be with little hogs and why are 5 hogs missing in the pack.?

Where is the video's of the alleged hog? Nowhere to be found.

This hog had never been in trouble before,why now?

Was it really 2 big hogs or just one?

It just don't add up.Why the cover up.where is the media when you need them?

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I think you are required to buy a special license also to hunt hogs at night on private property. I remember seeing something about it in the legislature and that permit was for three or four nights and with notification to the local LEO's. I always hunted them at night but never carried a firearm and was never bothered by Wildlife officers. Checked many a time but was not hasseled because we just carried a knife.

You may be correct, The LDWF has changed the regulations so much on hog hunting at night its hard to keep up with them, Like was mentioned before, Just call them up to get their blessings.
    Now about this knife only business, You running dogs at night to hold down the hog?

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I used to trap them when I lived in Mississippi, Knife! No way I will get close a 100 – 200# hog with just a knife! I am 74 years young and didn’t get here by taking too many chances. LOL
    Wingate

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    I went with a ATN x-sight from optics planet. Got them down to $500. I also added a different IR light (kill light 250) but the stock one works well too. Only used once but this was at 100 yards in total darkness. I think i could have had the IR light up brighter as well...first hunt with it in TX. For a friend I am also going to get one of those cheep ($30) motion activated solar flood lights and put some green film on it for his stands to shoot with a regular scope. http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-LEDs-So...562057&hash=item4b1c451236:g:MEkAAOSwTApZbGqr

This was on my sig 716 not suppressed with barns ttsx. I got disoriented after the shot looking through the scope lol. Tried to get more than one. Neck shot DRT

Last edited:

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    Sweet!!! Awesome video!!!!

Yea I love re watching it lol. It's hard to just stair through it for real long. It's a bright screen in your eye in the dark so it messes with you. So I would scan a bit then rest my eyes. Then I picked it up to look thought it and boom pigs. Moved around to get the rifled shouldered up, aim, fire. Love the fact it takes vid too.

110lb female.

s58f8n.jpg

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Good eatin!!!!
    Yea I love re watching it lol. It's hard to just stair through it for real long. It's a bright screen in your eye in the dark so it messes with you. So I would scan a bit then rest my eyes. Then I picked it up to look thought it and boom pigs. Moved around to get the rifled shouldered up, aim, fire. Love the fact it takes vid too.

110lb female.

s58f8n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lej1608
    Top Bottom