CNN Ballistics Expert!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Wow. I swear they say this crap just to miss inform the public! There’s no way anybody can be this stupid in real life.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If'n we're going to destroy the Bill of Rights, let's do it in numerical order. That reporter should have his mouth stitched shut to keep the crap from oozing out.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Not that it isn't fun to roast idiot reporters over their usual ignorance of a specialized topic, but, I'm going to skip that and say that the reporter is the one to make that ridiculous statement and the clip ended before the "expert" had a chance to respond. Perhaps he corrected the inaccuracy of the reporter's statement, perhaps not, but the editing of the clip makes me suspect that he did correct the reporter and whoever posted the clip didn't want us to hear that part. Otherwise, I would think you leave in the expert's comments to roast him, too.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Not that it isn't fun to roast idiot reporters over their usual ignorance of a specialized topic, but, I'm going to skip that and say that the reporter is the one to make that ridiculous statement and the clip ended before the "expert" had a chance to respond. Perhaps he corrected the inaccuracy of the reporter's statement, perhaps not, but the editing of the clip makes me suspect that he did correct the reporter and whoever posted the clip didn't want us to hear that part. Otherwise, I would think you leave in the expert's comments to roast him, too.

Its pure CNN propaganda at its finest!

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Its pure CNN propaganda at its finest!

How is it CNN propaganda? The way the clip is posted is clearly anti-CNN. The expert might have answered the question by saying something like, no, dumb reporter, the bullets aren't any faster... and gone on to explain it properly. We don't know because the poster cut it short and put up the funny, though contextually inaccurate, Tropic Thunder graphic. If anything, it's gun enthusiast propaganda because it's completely slanted to show what an idiot the CNN reporter is. I do agree that the question was either born out of ignorance or CNN leftism, though.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    How is it CNN propaganda? The way the clip is posted is clearly anti-CNN. The expert might have answered the question by saying something like, no, dumb reporter, the bullets aren't any faster... and gone on to explain it properly. We don't know because the poster cut it short and put up the funny, though contextually inaccurate, Tropic Thunder graphic. If anything, it's gun enthusiast propaganda because it's completely slanted to show what an idiot the CNN reporter is. I do agree that the question was either born out of ignorance or CNN leftism, though.
    Pretty sure he meant the original news footage being propaganda

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Pretty sure he meant the original news footage being propaganda

But we didn't see the entire original news footage, we saw the edited clip. We did not see the response. If the expert would have answered with "why, yes, automatic bullets are much faster and can go through 4 people at once", I would agree with you that it is propaganda. If he would have corrected the reporter, I would call that balanced... even on CNN... Point is, we don't know because we didn't see the whole thing. I am simply saying that if you argue a point based on incomplete or biased information, especially if you have biases yourself, your argument has no teeth.

Top Bottom