Denied Louisiana concealed carry license

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babrod

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 5, 2017
    Plaquemine, Louisiana
    I just got denied my concealed carry license. Insulted and upset is an understatement right now. Can someone tell me the most common reasons why one might be denied? I have a twic card and that's like FBI approved. I got in a fist fight years ago and guy pressed assault charges on me but later dropped them. I just don't know.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I just got denied my concealed carry license. Insulted and upset is an understatement right now. Can someone tell me the most common reasons why one might be denied? I have a twic card and that's like FBI approved. I got in a fist fight years ago and guy pressed assault charges on me but later dropped them. I just don't know.

When you got into the fight were you arrested?

If yes. Did you list the arrest and submit certified copies of the court minutes?

FMcDaniel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2016
    Erwinville, La.
    I feel your pain, you should receive a certified letter within a few day explaining why. I got denied last year for a dui I got 32 years ago. I was told I didn't have to list it, yea right. All together, $250 down the drain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Yeah I was arrested. Guy dropped charges. No court paperwork that I remember. 12 fricken years ago.

I probably didn't list arrest since charges were dropped.

I’d bet a dollar to a dime this is your problem. You need to list ANY and ALL arrest. The clerk of court should be able to provide you a certified paper saying charges were dropped “nolle prosequi”. The state police will see the arrest and have no way of knowing how it played out.

Unfortunately I’ve been told failure to list a arrest will cause you a 1 year wait to reapply but I don’t know if that’s true or not. I would e-mail LSP they are very good about replying to e-mails.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I’d bet a dollar to a dime this is your problem. You need to list ANY and ALL arrest. The clerk of court should be able to provide you a certified paper saying charges were dropped *nolle prosequi*. The state police will see the arrest and have no way of knowing how it played out.

Unfortunately I’ve been told failure to list a arrest will cause you a 1 year wait to reapply but I don’t know if that’s true or not. I would e-mail LSP they are very good about replying to e-mails.

Yup..... You were arrested. You should have listed it. Not LSPs fault you didn't follow the instructions or call for clarification.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’d bet a dollar to a dime this is your problem. You need to list ANY and ALL arrest. The clerk of court should be able to provide you a certified paper saying charges were dropped *nolle prosequi*. The state police will see the arrest and have no way of knowing how it played out.

As an FYI, some of the entries on the state rap sheets do list the disposition.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Crap. I doubted technology. That incident was in Illinois. I'll find out in the official letter if that's the problem.

Email LSP they have always been very helpful. Good luck.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've been in renewal classes over the years listening to the instructors telling people to list everything. And quite a few people bitching about it being a long time ago and so on and them not knowing where the paper works was. Divorce seemed to be popular topic and old arrest.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom