Rem Oil warning

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    I mostly use hoppes solvent for bores, then 3in1 for lube and rust prevention. Except for rimfires, they get a few good blasts of teflon chain lube, the dry film, keeps the bp residue from sticking and turning into mud.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I've used Rem Oil for years with good results. I don't use it as a protective coating, just lubrication. I am pretty sure I have an old can on my bench and a newer one in my range bag. I';m going to compare...

TPS Products doesn't have this on their web page, just facebook, why? They have a blog on the page. I'll keep using it until I see something more than anecdotes from one source. I'm a little skeptical of the claim personally, but will wait and see.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Saw this on Facebook and thought I would pass it on. I actually have some of the older stuff which works good but now I'm going to change what I use.

Being I lost a lot of my gun stuff in the flood when I restock my gun cabinet I want to make sure whatever I use is good stuff. And yes when I find time between working and repairing my house I will do more research.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1692821264071005&id=705081146178360

This post in for informational purposes only, I would suggest you do you own research and draw your own conclusions unless you are one of the "all knowing" members here!

RemOil never worked for beans when I was a kid. It did zip to prevent rust. This is decades ago, so I am astounded that they could actually make the stuff WORSE. WOW!

Top Bottom