SW40VE Jamming

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iamjustifyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    River Ridge, La.
    Hi all, I was shooting some reloaded ammo last weekend. Shot about 110 rounds no problem then started jamming on me bad. I couldn't get the ammo out of the chamber, had to call one of the guys from the front desk to give me a hand. He couldn't get it at first. He let it cool down a bit and finally got the round out. Put the magazine back in went to shoot and happened again. A different guy came and took him some time to get the round out. He oiled it a bit and I was able to get about 4 rounds before it locked again. He got the round out again for me and I gave up after that. I was using bullets from Bayou Bullets and they are coated. The guy at the range was saying it may have been a combo between my hands getting tired and not firmly gripping and the coating on the bullet; that the gun was hot and making the bullet get caught up because of the coating. I haven't shot in awhile but I haven't heard of that before...the gun being hot and making the coating on the bullet get caught up. Ever had this happen or heard of this?
    Thanks
    Sherry

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Try some factory loads. If the problem persists send it in for repair. If not it’s the ammo. Who made the reloads?

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Hi all, I was shooting some reloaded ammo last weekend. Shot about 110 rounds no problem then started jamming on me bad. I couldn't get the ammo out of the chamber, had to call one of the guys from the front desk to give me a hand. He couldn't get it at first. He let it cool down a bit and finally got the round out. Put the magazine back in went to shoot and happened again. A different guy came and took him some time to get the round out. He oiled it a bit and I was able to get about 4 rounds before it locked again. He got the round out again for me and I gave up after that. I was using bullets from Bayou Bullets and they are coated. The guy at the range was saying it may have been a combo between my hands getting tired and not firmly gripping and the coating on the bullet; that the gun was hot and making the bullet get caught up because of the coating. I haven't shot in awhile but I haven't heard of that before...the gun being hot and making the coating on the bullet get caught up. Ever had this happen or heard of this?
    Thanks
    Sherry
    "I was shooting some reloaded ammo last weekend." Sums it up for me. Ars some times have problems with polymer coated ammo sticking in the chamber.

I would stick to quality manufacturered ammo from a manufacturer who I trust.... If I were you. At least we can say with a reasonable amount of certainty it is ammo related and probably not the gun.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    Like everyone else said, sounds the chamber is gummed up. That or sometimes I've seen where people have had whiskers come off the case where it's crimped and get smeared into the chamber, or sometimes the whole crimp. Either way I'd check the chamber before shooting anything else through it. if you've got brass stuck in there cerrosafe is a great way to remove it without having to buy a reamer.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    those guns are also known for this. if factory ammo does not correct it.. try replacing the guide rod spring and check the gun slowly to be sure the ammo is being grabbed and coming back to be ejected. these guns are sort of barely reliable but they sell the crap out of them.. I have seen two or three that the guide rod was plastic and broke, there are several guards I see buying this gun and that scares me.. Not sure what the new ones are like, but the older ones are notorious for bad behavior. lol

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    A sigma by any other name....

Chamber is likely rough, as is the rest of the reciprocating components. Couple that with a weakish spring and the reloaded ammo. How many rounds through the gun so far? May need a more through break in and maybe a fluff and buff...

Did you resize the cases before loading? Do you have a dial caliper or micrometer? Might want to measure the cases at the bullet end and compare to factory ammo. Chamber could be tight on that specific gun.

I always bring a variety of ammo with me, even if I plan to shoot just one type, just so I can trouble shoot any issues. Same goes with mags.

Top Bottom