E85 Ethanol Stations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    There is a new racetrack in Slidell that has e85 if your ever out this way. It’s by the highway next to fremaux town center.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Airline Hwy in prairieville, near LA 42 if you ever need some around here. looks like it is the newer ones
    Wingate

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Horsepower!! My truck picked up 45hp on e85. I don't have a readout for alcohol content yet, but I def feel that the e85 I got in baton rouge was better then the Ponchatoula stuff. Guess its time to order a tester till I get the readout figured out.

I just did a quick Google search to see if I remembered correctly and it seems that Ethanol blended gas has less energy density than straight gasoline so I am not sure how you saw the 45hp increase. How did you measure the HP gains?

source
    https://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/fuel_comparison_chart.pdf

From you^
    So, Not to derail the thread, To the OP,This e85 gasoline really produce more hp than say regular gasoline non ethanol?
    Just curious.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    For boosted applications you can see a 60whp increase with new injectors, pump upgrade and a tune.

I saw over 120whp with ported blower, snout, 102 mm TB, and ported heads, larger Injectors (ID 1050x), and fuel system upgrade

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Some fuels with less energy density can still make more HP. for example nitromethane has about 1/4 the energy of gas and it is used in top fuel. It releases oxygen and cools better than gasoline so if and engine is built and tuned for NM it can make more power than gasoline. Over twice the power.

Factors like intake charge temp and other things when taken into account can yield more power when an engine is built and tuned for the fuel. How fast or slow a fuel burns and how much oxygen it needs all come into play with the RPM an engine is running at. Resistance to detonation and cooling effect of the fuel is a factor as well.

Last edited:

Tweek

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    madisonville, louisiana
    Yep, added flex fuel sensor and was tuned for e85. The actual alcohol content on the fuel at the moment it was tuned was 60%, but was able to add enough timing to make an addition 45hp and roughly 40ft/lb of torque.

ETA this is on a 2016 gmc with a 5.3

Power gains are from increase octane and cooling effect, come at the cost of reduced fuel economy.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't trying to be combative/derail but was curious on how that worked. thanks for explaining it.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't trying to be combative/derail but was curious on how that worked. thanks for explaining it.

Perfectly sensible question. I am always trying to learn myself.

There are a lot of misconceptions about fuel and engines. Some think octane rating is everything and running higher octane is better. Octane rating doesn't tell the whole story.

Check out these links:
    https://vpracingfuels.com/why-choose-vp/
    https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/tech-corner/
    https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/tech-article/fuel-metering-basics-oxygenated-fuels

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    New Racetrack in Jefferson, LA.
    Jefferson Hwy and Edwards Ave.

It's E20.

Thanks for looking

Let me know if you guys see e85 in Kenner/Metairie.

Or anywhere locally, east/west bank

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom