Share act could drop suppressors, screwed again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    If you think that after the Vegas incident HUSH/SHARE or whatever its called now was going to remove suppressors from the NFA registry you're living in a dream world.

The market does not bring in enough cash to make any heads turn. You have energy companies spending almost 100 million dollars in lobbying dollars last year. The NRA spent 4.1 million.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I called both senators and my reps office. All we can do is try to push 'em.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Any proposed legislation that says it will remove suppressors from the NFA is fluff.

The people who want and use suppressors already own them. The only people I see pushing for the HPA/HUSH/SHARE/Whatever are people who don't own suppressors because they think the Tax Stamp is violating their freedom or that registering NFA items is going to allow the government to find them and take everything they own.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If the tax is a sticking point, I say collect the tax but make suppressors a 4473 item and be done. I think it’s all the other red tape involved not the tax. Money isn’t the problem it’s the time. Just my opinion.

truecrimson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    For me the tax is the sticking point. Suppressor are expensive for many of us and adding $200 to it makes it more difficult. If not for the tax I would own one, even with the wait.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    For me the tax is the sticking point. Suppressor are expensive for many of us and adding $200 to it makes it more difficult. If not for the tax I would own one, even with the wait.

That's kinda the point. It's a punitive/luxury/sin tax designed to make it painful for most people to acquire one.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    If the tax is a sticking point, I say collect the tax but make suppressors a 4473 item and be done. I think it’s all the other red tape involved not the tax. Money isn’t the problem it’s the time. Just my opinion.

I am glad money isn't the problem for some but it is for me. I have more time than money so the wait doesn't bother me.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    In today's world $200 isn't that big of an amount of money. However, back in the 30s it was HUGE and probably prevented most of the public from acquiring one.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The gov wants the tax and it’s a snowballs chance in hell that suppressors will ever be removed from the NFA. What I said was just a way the gov gets their tax and we get the item quicker. Time and tax or tax and no time? Believe me I’m not a rich person and I would prefer no tax but..... it’s all for nothing anyway. It was all a big pipe dream.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Suppressors are fairly simple devices with no precision moving parts and little hand assembly required compared to firearms. I agree the $200 tax is not that much but does a suppressor really cost more to produce than the firearm it is used on. In today's CNC machining world suppressors should be no more expensive than an AR bolt and carrier.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Outboard motors has always baffled me with their cost. But unless you are a beast with a set of oars it’s a must.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    If they were a 4473 item they would be sold right next to regular guns and every tom dick and harry would own one. They would sell for 100 to 300 bucks and i know at least 2 dozen people who would put one on every gun they own, kinda like red dots and other pricey gun accesories. I fell like some people just cant understand how well they would sell if they were not restricted.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom