renewing drivers license tomorrow. have question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So DMV is showing a no insurance ticket on my license for a car i haven't owned in over 2 years. How do I handle something like this? I know the car they are talking about, however I sold it a long time ago. wtf?! I have ono BOS, or anything else on it. I've completely washed my hands on the vehicle. I don't know what to do about it..

Your vehicle registration and driver's license are blocked because our
    records show on 09/25/2017 you received a ticket for no insurance on your
    1994 ACUR. You must submit proof of current insurance, a bill of sale, a
    lease return document, a repossession document or a Junk/Salvage receipt.
    We are unable to determine your reinstatement fee until one of the above
    documents is submitted.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    So DMV is showing a no insurance ticket on my license for a car i haven't owned in over 2 years. How do I handle something like this? I know the car they are talking about, however I sold it a long time ago. wtf?! I have ono BOS, or anything else on it. I've completely washed my hands on the vehicle. I don't know what to do about it..

documents is submitted.

Get a BOS or something as listed to satisfy their guidelines

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    guess I can write up a ********, BOS and fake a signature, but I know for a fact the car has gone through multiple owners since I sold it. Not to mention, I sold it as a parts car, and the car went through several hands before any work was ever done on it,

LOL, That will go over like a Babe Ruth in the pool, Pretty sure you need something notarized!

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Girlfriend just went through this. Have to show a notorized bill of sale with the date at the DMV headquarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    guess I can write up a ********, BOS and fake a signature, but I know for a fact the car has gone through multiple owners since I sold it. Not to mention, I sold it as a parts car, and the car went through several hands before any work was ever done on it,

In that case you’re screwed. Pay the fine and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    You need to see when your insurance canceled. They think the ins cancelled before the plate was turned in.
    Probably still easier to pay the fine... and your insurance company would love to hear about you blowing a motor at no limit! :)

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    You need to see when your insurance canceled. They think the ins cancelled before the plate was turned in.
    Probably still easier to pay the fine... and your insurance company would love to hear about you blowing a motor at no limit! :)

yeah, no way I'm telling insurance company the car had a roll cage, built motor, and massive turbo on it. As far as they know it was a 94 Acura Integra grocery getter/economy car. It's going to stay that way.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    If you have a receipt that shows when you turned the plate in .and. it's before you canceled the insurance you're in good shape. Take the receipt down and show it to them. Many times DMV will take the plate but not log it into the computer as returned, then you cancel the insurance and BAM! They tried that crap with my Dad's truck until I took in the receipt showing when I handed in the plate the day before he canceled the insurance.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

When I turned in my last plate to DMV they gave me paperwork saying I turned it in on that date and I still waited a few days to cancel the insurance so I wouldn't have a flag.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    When I turned in my last plate to DMV they gave me paperwork saying I turned it in on that date and I still waited a few days to cancel the insurance so I wouldn't have a flag.

I have a file just for those papers from the DMV and Bill of Sales. They give you 10 days from the date you drop the insurance to turn in the plate but like you I always turn in the plate wait a few days then drop the insurance.

Keepurpowderdry

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    N.O.23
    Go to a Notary for an Afidavitt stating that you sold etc.and bring to DMV.
    If I can remember right that's what I did years ago on a car, same situation .

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    It's handled. The fines were way less than what I thought they would be so I just paid it to be done with it. I tracked down the car in question and found the current owner in the process also. My old car has gone to ****. When I had it, it had a chromoloy roll cage in it, built motor, custom paint, etc... now the only thing left is the paint and it's scratched to hell and the whole car is beat up. It's got a stock motor in it, and is being used as a work car with all kinds of trash and random **** in it. I almost wanted to cry when I saw it. The cage wasn't even taken out correctly. Whoever did it used a sawzall and chopped it out... that bitch wasn't cheap!

Sbougon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2015
    River Ridge, LA

documents is submitted.
    You got the ticket, and obviously ignored resolving it. Pay the fine and move on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    It's handled. The fines were way less than what I thought they would be so I just paid it to be done with it. I tracked down the car in question and found the current owner in the process also. My old car has gone to ****. When I had it, it had a chromoloy roll cage in it, built motor, custom paint, etc... now the only thing left is the paint and it's scratched to hell and the whole car is beat up. It's got a stock motor in it, and is being used as a work car with all kinds of trash and random **** in it. I almost wanted to cry when I saw it. The cage wasn't even taken out correctly. Whoever did it used a sawzall and chopped it out... that bitch wasn't cheap!

So , tomorrow has come and gone . What did you do ?

See post #16 lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom