BIG Porker

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I’m getting too old for this... dropped this monster last night and when I got through celebrating realized I couldn’t budge it. Hell, I couldn’t even roll it. Got three more guys and still had a hard time. 422lbs. Bigger than my Jeep. Even bent the hitch hauler. Guess it wasn’t hog rated. ;)
    6064718a6f00cea6260728c9614c3b12.jpg
    34667efd94d2ca11db2bce780213e861.jpg

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Definitely one of the biggest hogs I have ever seen. Who knows how much corn this thing has cost us over the past couple of years. Clean and didn't even stink. Suppressed 300AAC in the ear at 120yds. Dropped DRT. As I came to learn again... that's the easy part!

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    You need to show the picture to the manufacturer of the hitch hauler. Most are rated for 500lbs

To be fair about it I did have to bounce it through a good bit of hill and vale to get it out of the deep woods. Just not as prepared as I should have been! Darn thing had a full bladder the size of a basketball too. Talk about a booby trap... ;)

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Definitely one of the biggest hogs I have ever seen. Who knows how much corn this thing has cost us over the past couple of years. Clean and didn't even stink. Suppressed 300AAC in the ear at 120yds. Dropped DRT. As I came to learn again... that's the easy part!

What load/round were you shooting?

Next time you get a big one, gut it in the field to save some weight for the trip back!

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Just south of Franklinton. We did gut it when we got it out of the woods but trust me, there was a LOT more weight there than the 40 odd lbs of gut. Still too heavy for a dead lift. We got it to a tractor and lifted it with an old scale and it pegged. Guessing at the weight so could have been more I guess. When we can't even budge em all I know is big and heavy.

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I'd tell you Gator but..... Actually mentioned it already further up. Nothing special, just what I have talked about in some other threads - Nosler 150gr SP 3031's and H110/W296. Cheap and plentiful. I also use Speer 125gr TNT but got a butload of free 150's free as a rebate so have been using them lately. Honestly though, it's always about shot placement. I got lucky and he caught 150gr an inch behind the ear at 120yds and just collapsed. It is far more normal for me to have to blood trail them no matter what I shoot them with. Hogs are like small tanks and when I bowhunt them it seems like chasing them with sharp sticks! They have astonishing will to live these beasts.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom