Slidell/STP area - military officer getting CCW for free/discount?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hildus Magnus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Hello,

I'm a reserve military officer in Slidell area. Is there a local place I can, due to my military status/ID, get CCW training/license for free or a discount?

Thanks!

Hildus Magnus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Hi,

Just checking in if anyone has any updates on this(if anything changed). SDGRon, the links provided no longer work. Are you still in business?

Thanks,

DocBar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2018
    Donldsonville,La
    Hello,

I'm a reserve military officer in Slidell area. Is there a local place I can, due to my military status/ID, get CCW training/license for free or a discount?

Thanks!
    This year our Governor,John Bell Edwards, passed a law earlier this year in the legislator that states: ANY VETERAN CAN CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON WITHOUT A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT. Stands to reason that all of us veterans and retired veterans have had adequate training on firearms. If you drivers license has VETERAN on it you are covered.

IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    This year our Governor,John Bell Edwards, passed a law earlier this year in the legislator that states: ANY VETERAN CAN CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON WITHOUT A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT. Stands to reason that all of us veterans and retired veterans have had adequate training on firearms. If you drivers license has VETERAN on it you are covered.
    I don't know if that's 100% true. I do know that veterans are exempt from having to obtain a CHP as long as you are in the state of Louisiana. Other states only recognize the CHP not the law passed by JBE. There are discounts given to veterans that are still actively serving, but veterans that have honorably served are fees exempt I think . Check this link for accurate and up-to-date information. I myself am a veteran and looking to get my lifetime license https://www.lsp.org/services/concealed-handgun-information/

DocBar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2018
    Donldsonville,La
    Governor Edwards signs SB 143 (Act 680)by Senator Morris into law June 18,2022. This allows any veteran or honorably discharged veteran to carry a concealed weapon "Without a Permit". If you have "VETERAN" on your drivers license. THAT is all you need, no permit or class. This only pertains to Louisiana residents. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom