CHP Fingerprint Card - Blue vs Black

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Contact your local police office, local sheriff's department, or State Police Headquarters in Baton Rouge for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting at State Police Headquarters requires a $10.00 money order or can be paid using a debit/credit card. Prints must be submitted on an FBI Applicant Fingerprint Card. The card should be completed as outlined in the application instructions.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258-1.pdf/view

The applicant card is usually printed in blue. The FBI has a downloadable copy in black. Does anyone know if LSP accepts the black downloadable copy?

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Because it's not always about me. If you're going to take the time to reply, why not answer the question that was asked?

So if he doesn’t know the exact answer he shouldn’t add anything that *may* be helpful?

My original prints were submitted on a black ink card years ago *but I suggest sending a email to LSP and ask them*. My understanding is LSP just mails the card to the FBI anyway. Tell him make sure the prints look really good because many are refused.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So if he doesn’t know the exact answer he shouldn’t add anything that *may* be helpful?

My original prints were submitted on a black ink card years ago *but I suggest sending a email to LSP and ask them*. My understanding is LSP just mails the card to the FBI anyway. Tell him make sure the prints look really good because many are refused.

We don't know if he knew the exact answer because his answer had nothing to do with the question that was asked. Without knowing the reason for my question, he made an assumption and elected to solve the imagined issue rather than the actual issue. Perhaps it comes down to a different definition of helpful.

I can buy blank blue cards at about $1 each. Or I can go to LSP and pick up a couple of blank blue cards. But I'll follow your suggestion and email LSP to find out.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    We don't know if he knew the exact answer because his answer had nothing to do with the question that was asked. Without knowing the reason for my question, he made an assumption and elected to solve the imagined issue rather than the actual issue. Perhaps it comes down to a different definition of helpful.

I can buy blank blue cards at about $1 each. Or I can go to LSP and pick up a couple of blank blue cards. But I'll follow your suggestion and email LSP to find out.

Not sure how fast you need them but I’m pretty sure LSP will mail a application packet with the fingerprint card in it also.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    You didn't specify you were asking on behalf of someone else. Folks have posted similar questions in the past and have been unaware of the option to travel to LSPHQ. I asked an obvious question for someone showing a location of baton rouge and not specifying that it was on behalf of someone else or that their location prohibited travel. You chose to answer that rudely. I'll make sure not to offer any advice or information to you in the future.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not sure how fast you need them but I’m pretty sure LSP will mail a application packet with the fingerprint card in it also.

There's no time issue. I just ran across the pdf and thought I'd ask. I've run by LSP and picked up a couple of blank ones before. So I know there are options. But at 10:00pm, I couldn't call LSP and ask them so I thought I would see if anyone here had come across that information. The information may help out someone down the road.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You didn't specify you were asking on behalf of someone else. Folks have posted similar questions in the past and have been unaware of the option to travel to LSPHQ. I asked an obvious question for someone showing a location of baton rouge and not specifying that it was on behalf of someone else or that their location prohibited travel. You chose to answer that rudely. I'll make sure not to offer any advice or information to you in the future.

I never specified a person because there was no reason to. The answer to my question does not change depending on the person or the location. They either do or they don't. But rather than answering the question, you labeled the question as an issue. You made up the problem behind the question then provided a solution that would make the question a non-issue. To paraphrase your "question", "with there being another option, why should we bother to help you?"

If you took my reply as rude, I'm ok with it. I feel like it was a comparably considerate reply to your dismissive post. And if I had to choose between you posting information unrelated to a question I asked or you posting nothing, I'd pick the nothing.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I can't answer the question they've had my prints since I got my CHP around 20 year ago.
    But are they taking rolled prints now from people for CHP's? Or what are people doing that can't get to LSP in BR?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I can't answer the question they've had my prints since I got my CHP around 20 year ago.
    But are they taking rolled prints now from people for CHP's? Or what are people doing that can't get to LSP in BR?

The website says to contact their local police or sheriff's and have the prints done on an FBI Applicant Fingerprint Card. I would have to say that's the solution for people who can't get to LSP in BR. While all or most of the jails would have a machine, I would be surprised if all of the local agencies do. If that's the case, LSP may have to accept rolled prints. As long as the rolled prints are clear, they can be scanned.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    The website says to contact their local police or sheriff's and have the prints done on an FBI Applicant Fingerprint Card. I would have to say that's the solution for people who can't get to LSP in BR. While all or most of the jails would have a machine, I would be surprised if all of the local agencies do. If that's the case, LSP may have to accept rolled prints. As long as the rolled prints are clear, they can be scanned.

My buddy worked at the BR Constable Office years ago and I met him down at the City Jail on a Saturday and he rolled my prints.

Top Bottom