Barrel reprofile for ar15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Does anyone local do barrel reprofiling? I got a 10.5 I want to shave some weight off of. I know I can send to adco but I want to see if anyone around here does it first (and for cheaper would be nice!)

It’s a standard M4 profile 416R and I want something more like the BCM 11.5” lightweight profile, maybe a bit heavier in the rear but definitely a 0.625 gas block.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    This maybe a more cost effective option for you:

http://faxonfirearms.com/10-5-pencil-5-56-nato-carbine-length-4150-qpq/

I have one and I am pretty excited about completing my upper. This barrel is light weight. They also offer it in 416R SS. They are actually one of the few if not the only game online that I could find who makes a true pencil profile 10.5. But hey, I've been wrong before.

Last edited:

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I have seen that barrel. Looks nice however the one I have is a 223 wylde (my preferred over 5.56) also prefer bare stainless to melonited (unless it’s 4150 then melonite over chrome lined). If the barrel I have ends up being unimpressive in accuracy I’ll probably sell it and get one of those. Not preferred obviously but I guess it’s the next best thing.

Last edited:

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    It could be done but you won’t like the price , 2-3 hrs at $50 an hour to re contour and re finish. On an ar it’s usially cheaper to buy a new barrel unless it’s some fancy profile not offered

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I have seen that barrel. Looks nice however the one I have is a 223 wylde (my preferred over 5.56) also prefer bare stainless to melonited (unless it’s 4150 then melonite over chrome lined). If the barrel I have ends up being unimpressive in accuracy I’ll probably sell it and get one of those. Not preferred obviously but I guess it’s the next best thing.

Call Faxon and see if they will custom cut you a one off. Might be worth a try.

Top Bottom