Need advise in vicious dog

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Maybe he is trying to tell you Timmy is stuck in the well and needs help. Was there a foul smell at the door of the neighbors house? Joking aside it’s not worth your family or yourself getting attacked by a dog that may be diseased. The SO said shoot... so shoot it next time if you can’t make friends with it.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Had a cousin that was tired of the neighbors German Shepard chashing his truck every morning and every evening So,

He removed 2 lug nuts on his front and rear tire, Installed a burlap sack on both the front and rear and proceeded down the road really slow.

Here comes Mr. Shepard whom started chasing the truck but the dog made the mistake of biting the sack!

Cousin floor-boarded the truck, Beating the crap out of the dog before he could let go of the sack.

From then on the dog keep his distance!

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I’m a dog owner. It’s not a “pet” if it’s allowed to run loose all over if it’s aggressive. If it attacks kill it.
    If one of my good for nothing pillow and lap seeking spoiled rotten dogs sweet as can be ever attack anyone unprovoked I will have them put down myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Update:

Monday I went by the Po-Po supply store and told them the problem. I bought a can of the nasty stuff they recommended, tear gas plus pepper spray (CS + OC). When I got over to the Texas house I could see the dog was tied up and the children were playing in the yard. I drove up the driveway to the house and beeped the horn until a young lady came out. I said that I had a problem with the German Shepard over the weekend, and she said yes he got loose. I told her everything that happened and that I had filed two reports with the Sheriff's Office. I stated that the last thing I wanted to do was kill someones pet, but if the dog tried to attack myself or my wife again I will shoot it. She nodded. I stated that I was concerned over her four young children around an aggressive dog.

Here's an observation. They have two other dogs that are allowed to roam freely. The medium sized female has gotten over on my property a couple of times, I just tell her to "go home" and she turns around and wanders home. No problems with this sweet dog. #2 is a little dog that wouldn't make an appetizer for a coyote. These two play with the children. The German Sheppard is tied up and the kids stay well clear of it. It appears they already know they have a problem with that animal.

From now on, when I approach the gate to my property I will have the pepper spray in one hand and more permanent measures in the other. I have 39 acres, buzzards got to eat same as worms.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I understand your predicament. I have had to train dogs that were described as vicious and some were difficult to say the least. In all my experiences the animals get this way because the owners do not socialize the animal correctly. I'd be cautious with a gun since one could escalate into another. Each time it occurs report the animal to the police via 911. They may get tired and call animal control to remove the dog. Make friends with the animal. Try feeding and work up to treats. By feeding you can eventually rename the animal but making friends takes time. If the animal is reasonable it may only take a few days. Lastly, a cattle prod works really well. I would limit the firearm play to an event that otherwise you could not extricate yourself or a loved one from.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    That county doesn't have animal control, and the Sheriff's deputy can only "talk" to the owner if they are home. Unless the animal attacks them. Much easier if the animal simply disappears, I have 39 acres.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If you hit that dog with pepper spray once, he'll probably never mess with you again. If he does, next time the .45 will permanently solve the problem. I would think it better to call the police immediately though and not try to discard the dog yourself if you shoot him.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    If you hit that dog with pepper spray once, he'll probably never mess with you again. If he does, next time the .45 will permanently solve the problem. I would think it better to call the police immediately though and not try to discard the dog yourself if you shoot him.

If you do call the police,you may as well cuff yourself and drive yourself to
    the police station.That way they don't have to do anything,you may as well
    do the rest of their job for them.You will have already committed a crime and
    admitted it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    admitted it.

Shooting an aggressive dog is not a crime...especially after it has been reported to the police twice AND they advised to shoot it.

Being forthcoming with it and reporting it to the police would put them a lot more on your side than later finding out that someone killed a dog and then hid it trying to not get caught.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    admitted it.

Nope. Totally within Texas law to protect yourself and family from an aggressive, vicious, animal. The Sheriff's Office has told me twice to shoot if the dog charges again. Of course, if it becomes necessary, there will be an empty pepper spray can there. Just hope I don't have to, but we'll see what happens when I get over there tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom