Simple Security Camera "for dummies."

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Alright, BS world. I am, by no means, a dumb guy or an idiot or anything (in my opinion!)... But, I'm not super technologically advanced. I want to install an inexpensive "nothing too fancy" type of security camera to view my front door. Something that maybe I can view live from my iPhone perhaps? Looking for something that is a fairly simple DIY setup. When looking online and on Amazon, there seems to be many different types, which I know nothing about. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And again, I'm not looking for any crazy high end security system that will cost me hundreds of dollars. I live in a very safe area and just want something that can monitor the outside of my place. Mainly see who walks up to my door, that sort of thing. Thanks in advance.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Get a ring doorbell if that is all you are looking for. Replaces your doorbell, and uses existing wires for power. Just add it to your WiFi network and you are done.

They also have floodlight replacement cameras that are just as easy to install. I have been using ring doorbells for a few years and have nothing but good things to say about them.

cduplantis72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Checkout Arlo. BIL installed at his house. When someone approaches the porch, it starts recording to cloud, can notify him on his iPhone, and triggers another camera in the yard to record ensuring multiple angles. Wireless, 2year battery highly concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Checkout Arlo. BIL installed at his house. When someone approaches the porch, it starts recording to cloud, can notify him on his iPhone, and triggers another camera in the yard to record ensuring multiple angles. Wireless, 2year battery highly concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have arlo too, really like the system.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom