Recommend a Class III dealer in Metairie?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coryjac0b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2015
    Metairie
    I have been wanting to for a while and I am finally taking the plunge into NFA items.

My question is, can anyone recommend a Class III dealer in the Metairie area that they have dealt with before?

Thanks,

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Kenny at Meplat group, he is a one stop shop for transfer and purchases. I have made multiple purchases from him with no complaints. I like the fact that you can make an appointment and not have to deal with a bunch of interruptions like you would at a traditional gun shop.

DSShooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Kenny at Meplat Group and it isn’t even close. He’s does more class III business than all the other dealers in the state combined. Plus he can do trusts and fingerprints all at his location. One stop shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coryjac0b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2015
    Metairie
    Kenny at Meplat group, he is a one stop shop for transfer and purchases. I have made multiple purchases from him with no complaints. I like the fact that you can make an appointment and not have to deal with a bunch of interruptions like you would at a traditional gun shop.

Thanks, I'll give him a call. Do you know if the the items have to be purchased through him, or does he transfer items purchased from other shops(online)?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Gretna Gun Works is another option. With a range, you can use you can or NFA item as long as its a handgun caliber or rimfire while you wait for the stamp. Its nice to have a conjugal visit while your item is in NFA jail.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I finally got around to go talk with Kenny at Meplat Group. I’ve been having a trust for a couple years and haven’t got a single NFA item. My problem has been finding a dealer I’m comfortable dealing with for items that take so long to approve. After talking to Kenny I know I’ve found my guy that guy is so easy to talk to, full of knowledge and willing to accommodate the customer.

I willing to bet if you take the time to walk into his shop you will agree.

coryjac0b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2015
    Metairie
    I will be definitely be calling Kenny once I get my trust finalized and squared away. Thanks everyone, he seems the guy to call.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It seems my experience with Meplat was a little out of the ordinary based on the replies here but I was not impressed with them. I had some questions so I talked to him on the phone and everything started out fine. Based on our conversation, I sent him a follow up email asking about a couple of pistol silencers; did he know if either one was better than the other, what are the LE prices, and since I was new to the suppressor world, did he have any suggestions I may have missed. His reply? "It seems really well thought out and based on the cans you mentioned you can’t really go wrong. They are all great. Just let us know when you are ready to get started." Kind of a cookie cutter reply, imho. I replied with "When you have a chance, could you let me know your price on the Rugged Obsidian 45 and the Dead Air Ghost-M?" That was September 29th. I guess he hasn't had a chance because I never got a reply. A week later, I went to Deep South Shooters to talk to them and bought a silencer there.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I don’t think you can compare the experiences if you emailed one dealer and visited the other in person.

I can’t speak for Kenny, but I am in sales and if someone is just emailing me a bunch of questions and requesting pricing without ever making an effort to come see the product, I tend to focus on the person in front of me.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don’t think you can compare the experiences if you emailed one dealer and visited the other in person.

I can’t speak for Kenny, but I am in sales and if someone is just emailing me a bunch of questions and requesting pricing without ever making an effort to come see the product, I tend to focus on the person in front of me.

I agree but your scenario does not match my experience. My questions were not out of the blue. The questions in the email were based on a 45 minute conversation we had on the phone the previous day. He knew his store hours and my schedule would make it difficult for me to make it to his shop. That was part of the 45 minute conversation.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom