Crossbreed Supertuck

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Anyone use them? Are there better IWB EDC holsters from the perspective of printing/showing. I carry either a M&P Shield or a XDs 3.3 and would like them to disappear with my shirt tucked in. The Crossbreed came recommended from a friend and looks great but I have no personal experience with them.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have a few crossbreeds, they work great and real comfortable... I also have a few milt sparks, which are very comfortable and keep the pistol real tight on body, you wont go wrong with the crossbreed though

Last edited:

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I had a crossbreed super tuck many years ago. It was a good holster, but not for me. It took up a lot of real estate and was a little it of a hassle to get back on quickly (had to undo belt each time). I found that a single FOMI clip Kydex Holster was a better fit for me. Easy on and off and do not have to undo a belt. Plus, I like the retention feel I get with a full Kydex holster better than the one sided leather of the crossbreed model. Also, if you ever plan to carry AIWB, that super tuck is not going to work.
    In the end, it all come down to preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obryap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    Paulina, LA
    After trying several holsters, I ended up with a Little Foxx from Foxx holsters. It's comfortable and conceals very well, and it's tuckable.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I had a crossbreed super tuck many years ago. It was a good holster, but not for me. It took up a lot of real estate and was a little it of a hassle to get back on quickly (had to undo belt each time). I found that a single FOMI clip Kydex Holster was a better fit for me. Easy on and off and do not have to undo a belt. Plus, I like the retention feel I get with a full Kydex holster better than the one sided leather of the crossbreed model. Also, if you ever plan to carry AIWB, that super tuck is not going to work.
    In the end, it all come down to preference.

I’m going to give you a call tomorrow about making me another holster for my new G19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    To the OP,

not it sure where you're located but if you can get by Interstate Guns in Hammond, we've got crossbreed holsters in stock for you to put hands on.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Yes sir. Wanted to give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cool. I have one as well. Mainly picked it up to use for test fitting holsters before they go out. There is a very slight difference in frame dimensions that makes a noticeable difference in fit in some Gen 3/4 Holsters.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    To the OP,

not it sure where you're located but if you can get by Interstate Guns in Hammond, we've got crossbreed holsters in stock for you to put hands on.

I'm in BR, but may have to get over that way. I thought that they were online only.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Anyone use them? Are there better IWB EDC holsters from the perspective of printing/showing. I carry either a M&P Shield or a XDs 3.3 and would like them to disappear with my shirt tucked in. The Crossbreed came recommended from a friend and looks great but I have no personal experience with them.

There are a few reasons I avoid the half kydex half leather holsters. I also avoid holsters with metal clips.

I’ve been getting most of my kydex from Jasarii. His work is top notch, prices are good, build/ship times are fast and he is super easy to deal with. With that said I’m not sure what he offers for tuckable holsters but definitely take the time to PM him.

Now years ago when I tucked in a shirt daily my go to holster was a CompTac C-Tac and at that time I couldn’t find a better option might be worth looking at. http://www.comp-tac.com/concealed-carry-holsters/ctac-holster-10217

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    What are the downsides of the leather/kydex hybrids?

My biggest reasons is reholstering isn’t always ideal under stress and the retention sucks *even more when you take the holster off like to run into a gun free zone*.

This video may or may not be helpful *caution the guy is pretty annoying lol*.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jM6ERorBLQQ

Also if your set on a hybrid type check out the CompTac M-Tac.
    http://www.comp-tac.com/inside-the-waistband/mtac-holster-10225

Last edited:

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    My thought was that I would leave the holster on and leave the pistol in the trunk if I had to take it off for most places. I can see that as an issue if I was going into a place with a metal detector though.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    My thought was that I would leave the holster on and leave the pistol in the trunk if I had to take it off for most places. I can see that as an issue if I was going into a place with a metal detector though.

When I disarm I remove the whole holster that way the trigger guard stays covered while stored in the truck.

But it’s all in what works for you anything I post is just my opinion. Personally I no longer use any type of clip on holsters I only use hard belt loops on OWB or Pull The Dot soft loops on IWB however many people get by just fine with clips.

There’s no one size fits all in the holster world.

Ctglenn8386

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Carencro

caddyshackin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    I have two alien gear holsters. For the $ they can’t be beat IMO. They’re super comfortable and don’t print with my 3” 1911 or p938. I have a Sikkydex iwb that I regularly appendix carry with a g27. I find it best to have a few different holsters for a few different guns. Find what you like.

Alien gear always has sales around the holidays, they also let you swap shells for life, in case you decide to join the glock side :), so that’s cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom