Finding land for sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    I'd like to find between 15 - 40 acres in the southern Mississippi area.

Would like these characteristics if possible:
    - no more than a 2.5 hour drive from BR/Prairieville
    - somewhat secluded
    - not too close to major highway
    - good source for hunting
    - not gutted for pine
    - under $100K

This would be a hunting camp/family getaway

Has anyone had success at finding a place outside of realtors websites?

Please let me know any helpful suggestions or past experiences.

hunt4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    In my opinion, for what its worth, best way to do so is Realtor.com, Trulio.com, and Zillow.com. Check them all and cross-reference the properties you like. I've found my last three properties that way, all from out of state. Then I let a local realtor show me the properties. Problem with having them find you properties is well, its their job, and being so they are ultimately in it for the money, not to get you what you want. If they have an interest in a piece of property they will push (guide) you in that direction as it gives them a bigger payout. You can list some of you objectives (land size, area, ponds) or whatever else in your search parameters, narrow it down to 8-10 properties then go have a look. While in the area look through some local papers so you don't miss any good FSBO properties.
    I found a great little 100+acre property with a small house, live springs, and 2 nice ponds whre I now live doing it this way.. none of the realtors I spoke to prior ever even mentioned this property!!

Here is one of my ponds..

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    In my opinion, for what its worth, best way to do so is Realtor.com, Trulio.com, and Zillow.com. Check them all and cross-reference the properties you like. I've found my last three properties that way, all from out of state. Then I let a local realtor show me the properties. Problem with having them find you properties is well, its their job, and being so they are ultimately in it for the money, not to get you what you want. If they have an interest in a piece of property they will push (guide) you in that direction as it gives them a bigger payout. You can list some of you objectives (land size, area, ponds) or whatever else in your search parameters, narrow it down to 8-10 properties then go have a look. While in the area look through some local papers so you don't miss any good FSBO properties.
    I found a great little 100+acre property with a small house, live springs, and 2 nice ponds whre I now live doing it this way.. none of the realtors I spoke to prior ever even mentioned this property!!

Here is one of my ponds..

Thank you for the advice. Nice pond!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom