Felon in possesion of a firearm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Account

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    New Orleans
    News stations around the state of Louisiana have been using the term mentioned in the title. Does anyone know if this is the proper title of the law? Or are they referring to RS 14:95.1, Possession of firearm or carrying concealed weapon by a person convicted of certain felonies?

Regardless of the answer, I would like anyone's input on whether or not this is misleading (reported in the manner mentioned above). Meaning, a blanket term (felon in possession of a firearm). Is there something printed in West's 2017 version that I missed?

As far as I remember, the concealed carry bill canceled the background check numbers for purchasing ability through an FFL dealer for ALL felons (regardless of charge or time of conviction). But somehow, miraculously, doesn't bar a firearm owner from possessing, owning, carrying, etc. As long as they are not convicted of domestic violence, a federal crime, and falls in between the cracks of the law quoted above (a non-enumerated felon). And, the 10 year statute.

I haven't researched this since they passed the CCW registration bill, some pawn shops started keeping ammo logs, etc. My original interest is the understanding of the use of the term "charged with felon in possession of a firearm"? 14:95.1? Just trying to keep up with media games or legitimacy. If there are some federal agents on here or Louisiana legal scholars, your input would be greatly appreciated in this bewilderment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom