Boudin around the Nola Metro area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Howdy, folks. So, I know a ton of great places to get good boudin OUTSIDE of the New Orleans area, but can anyone tell me some places in the Metairie/Kenner/New Orleans areas or nearby that have good boudin? Clearly, my body and stomach are craving quality boudin, and that packaged crap in my local grocery store just ain't cutting it. Thanks in advance!

firelane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Nine Mile Point LA
    Market Wego In the shrimp lot in Westwego . They also make cracklin with skin, fat, and meat that are pretty good. I also get the bonless stuffed chickens with crawfish and cornbread dressing . The guy that owns it's name is Pat . He makes the boudin and sausage and also smokes some as well.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I would like to know this too! My favorite is the best stop in Scott Louisiana, but I don’t feel like taking a 2 hour drive. I usually keep a few lb’s in my freezer of their smoked boudin

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I would like to know this too! My favorite is the best stop in Scott Louisiana, but I don’t feel like taking a 2 hour drive. I usually keep a few lb’s in my freezer of their smoked boudin

The Market WeGo boudin is good as is nothing to put you off besides personal preference.
    I only had the mild already heated. It is a bit dryer than others and a bit sweet, almost as if BBQ sauce was in the mix.

I have some I will cook myself

2 links heated $5.27 - $7.99/lb
    3 links cold $6.92 - $6.99/lb

I have found how I heat/cook boudin makes a big difference. Grilled/Smoked is my favorite. If I do it in a skillet I like to put a bed of green onion to keep the boudin out of the water a bit and cover to steam.

During the week: Not sure on weekends.
    Greg's food mart has boudin hot to go for 2.00ish a link. I think the pork is $1.90 and crawfish is $2.10
    They also have fried egg rolls, burritos and other things to help get you to that first heart attack with flavor.

I go for the fruit cups. 2 for $5.00 - Best deal in town.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Howdy, folks. So, I know a ton of great places to get good boudin OUTSIDE of the New Orleans area, but can anyone tell me some places in the Metairie/Kenner/New Orleans areas or nearby that have good boudin? Clearly, my body and stomach are craving quality boudin, and that packaged crap in my local grocery store just ain't cutting it. Thanks in advance!

Which one have you had packaged?
    What you like out of town?

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    If you're really interested in huntin' down good boudin then you need to checkout this website.

http://boudinlink.com/

This site has been around a long time and the guys that run it take their boudin very seriously.
    You can search for boudin by rating or by city.

I just checked out the site for the first time in months and they have a new feature called the "Boudin Map". Makes it easy to see all the boudin producers across the state with links to their reviews.

Last edited:

CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    New Orleans is nice but one of the prices for living there is NO GOOD BOUDIN. Conversely living down here where I can get Legnons every day also has a hefty price-no central grocery muffalottas and no Deanies!

Top Bottom