Beretta A391 Extrema 2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Albany, LA
    I have a A391 that I have shot hundreds of times without trouble. It has been sitting in the safe for about 4 years. Prior to storage it was cleaned and reassembled. I took it duck hunting this past weekend and it would not close the bolt all the way after shooting. I knew that cleanliness was not the problem, but was not sure of what it was. When I got home, I attempted to break the gun down and found that the o-ring on the piston is either swollen and causing the piston to stick or some how, I installed the wrong o-ring back in the gun. I tend to think that the o-ring possibly swelled from sitting to long. Have any of you had anything like this happen? If so, any advice would be appreciated. I ordered a new o-ring and am waiting on it now.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    O rings can swell if in contact with some oils, likely(hopefully) the problem.
    I've had a 391 Xtrema2 for about 8 years. I cleaned it after each of the first 2 seasons but not since. I brought it to an Advantage Group Shotgun class (6 boxes of target loads, a couple dozen rounds of buckshot and slugs as well) in addition to duck hunting every year. Hell when I went to get it out of the safe this fall it wasn't there, it was still zipped up in the padded carry case in my hunting room closet from last year ! I gave it a few quick shots of Ballistol then fired 3 shells through it and never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Albany, LA
    New o-ring and she is shooting fine. I think that the old one swelled or someone (not me) used a standard o-ring you can buy at Auto Zone.

Top Bottom