Remington going bankrupt?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    Internet has lots of speculation about Remington going out of business. Latest results poor.
    "Remington Outdoor, the second-largest U.S. gunmaker has suffered a “rapid” and “sharp” deterioration in sales and a similar drop in profits since January, and faces “continued softness in consumer demand for firearms,” credit analysts at Standard & Poor’s Global Ratings said in a report Friday."

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was thinking about picking up a new 308, either a Remington 700 or a Ruger American, and throw it in a Magpul Hunter stock. If this turns out to be true, it may push me toward the Ruger.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Remington has come out with a couple of new offerings lately. We'll see if these help. The "sawed off" version of the 870 (Tac-14) and the 870DM (detachable magazine). I know there was a lot of ruckus about the accidental discharges with Remington 700's ("Remington Moment") but I assume that they fixed that. I've loved everything Ruger I've ever bought, but then again I feel the same way about the Remingtons. I can't imagine them going away. I did see several reviews of their RP9 that panned it as a polymer pistol.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They never kept up with the new trends in firearms. Colt is also suffering, They lost the A4 sales and never cared much about us

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    NO. It is a byproduct of a lack of profit margin. EVERY major arms dealer is having a hard go of it in todays world.

Your statement is also true; however mine also still holds true. Look at the new 870s...and 700s with the matte blued finish. Its ****. We call them "Rustingtons" at the shop.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Your statement is also true; however mine also still holds true. Look at the new 870s...and 700s with the matte blued finish. Its ****. We call them "Rustingtons" at the shop.

They remind me of the Colt guns made during the strike.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Say what you want about Remington quality, but sales are down across the board -- everything from $199 plastic fantastic cheapies to top-drawer guns from the likes of Ed Brown. I attribute this to two things:

1. People foolishly believe that Trump will protect their second amendment rights. The guy is a pathological liar and will sell us out in a New York second if he thinks it would be advantageous to whatever has captured his reptilian attention span.

2. People foolishly think that Republicans will be in power forever. The tables will turn quickly when the Democrats eventually get control (which they will, given the natural ebb and flow of politics), and make no mistake that the Democrats will come after us gun owners with vengeance this time around. Forget about assault weapons bans; they'll want semiautomatic weapons bans, or some other such nonsense.

And before we get into a tit-for-tat about politics, let me say that I think they're all shitheads. Republicans can sell us out just as quickly, and with just as much malice as Democrats can. Case-in-point: if you love California-style gun control, thank Ronald Reagan.

For every round of ammunition that I purchase to shoot right now, I'm buying two more rounds to go into storage, for the next buying frenzy.

Warren Buffet put it well: "be bullish when people are bearish, and bearish when people are bullish."

Mike

Mike

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I looked at the new Lever guns at Cabela's and they look fine. Just have a different feel. Maybe it is the stocks. I just have one lever a 30-30 My wife got me for Christmas in the early 90's at Wal Mart. It was the wrong gun and was another caliber She broght it back and they gave her a 30-30. The Box # matched the gun and said 30-30 on the box. I now know years later that It should have kept it as is. As that Caliber is less made than the common 30-30.
    The Remmington Marlins look ok to me just another feel.
    I think they have lots of competition now they never had before on lots of items.
    Lever guns, Bolt guns, 1911's the market is just plain old saturated

Top Bottom