Anyone own a pmr-30

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    I was all hot on getting one too, 30 rounds of 22 mag sounds awesome, but then I got to looking at reviews and stuff on youtube, changed my mind on it. Unless they've seriously upped the quality, fit, finish and reliability on them I wouldn't. Part of the problems I've seen is that the cases are prone to denting when loading, causing ftf/fte.

tmbold

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Denham Springs
    That's why i asked, i got to shoot one on thanksgiving vacation. It had never been shot and did have problems feeding and some fte/ftf. I wasn't sure if it was because it wasn't broken in. Thanks

doug426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Slidell
    love the gun but the magazine won't hold 30 rounds. At best, I can get 19 or 20 in them. Other than that, the gun is balanced and accurate.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I have one. Wanted one for a long time but waited until they were $399, but .22 mag was still expensive. It's kind of a large grip but very light weight. The fiber optic sights are easy to shoot with. 100% reliable with CCI maxi mags, but it is ammo picky. I bought some winchester 30 grain for cheap, but it was not reliable. Basically, always shoot good ammo 40 grains and over.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I've had a couple. They are very accurate and I had no problems shooting CCI ammo in them. I have the PMR Carbine and it's very accurate also and a blast to shoot. Stay with the 40gr full power ammo and you shouldn't have any problems. Winchester Dynapoint ammo is not full power and may have problems cycling.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have one, has run perfectly on all 40 gr ammo, and most 30 gr. I only have 300 or so rounds through it but I am happy with it so far.

LT USN (Ret.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    Covington, LA
    I've read a couple of articles that said load 5 rounds in the mag and tamp it down on a flat surface, add five & tamp, add 5 & tamp, etc. until filled. It's been reported that loading the mag this way will solve most problems.

I've been looking to buy one for years but I'm waiting until the price is a little more realistic. I met a salesman at a gun show who said he gave up wearing a "normal" sidearm as an EDC; he only carries the PMR30.

"30 rounds of goodness" as he stated.

hunt4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    I have one, had it for years, one of the earlier models. had two of them at one point but at the height of the stupid price syndrome sold one. I have 8 magazines, can easily load any of them with 30 but normally keep them loaded with 25 just because its half a box. Had a firing pin break once, other than that it runs pretty much flawlessly, prefers CCI 40 grainers but will shoot most anything. Also have the CMR30 and love it also.. 2 great little guns.
    If you don't have one, you should!!

30 rounds of goodness is correct!

wizzard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    seems the door is open for a quality manufacturer to put something together that works all the time and sell some guns. Every time ruger asks my opinion I ask for it. But, I can also see how it would fill a void that doesn't need filling.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have 2 that I got for $399 each and have had zero issues with either. Bought a dozen mags from midway and have had no issues with those either. I bought about 6k rounds of mixed CCI and fiocchi ammo which all feeds fine in both. The mags load much like an AR mag in that you simply push the bullet straight down into the mag and give it a tap every 5 or so rounds to force the rounds to the rear of the mag.

I’ve never tried the polymer tipped ammo but have heard it won’t feed.
    I love the pistols and one resides in my BOB full time with a few spare mags. I truly don’t understand the negative remarks I hear, but I suppose I may have gotten lucky and wound up with the only 2 that have no problems.

benelli_t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Louisiana
    I have one and would buy another. No issues what so ever. I only use CCI maxi mags. Never tried anything else. You should definitely get one!

Top Bottom