everyone seems to complain about these, but none here.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So I cant explain why, but I've wanted to get my hands on a Sig Sauer Mosquito since they first came out years ago. Well, last night I bought one from another member on here. I've read alot about how Sig recommends CCI ammo for it, and every forum I've looked at, people report these pistols are very finicky about what ammo functions in them. Well, today I took my new (to me) gun to Bayou Dragon, fed it about 300rnds of mixed brand/grain/velocity ammo, and I didn't have a single malfunction of any sort. I also brought my 80% AR with me to shoot, and ended up barely touching it because I enjoy this lil pistol so much. I also talked to a couple guys that didn't know about this forum. Hopefully they'll sign up soon. All in all though, The Sig Sauer Mosquito is surely a winner with me. I just need to tighten up my groups at 25-30yds with it.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
      thumbnail.jpeg
      99.4 KB · Views: 178
    • dayatthedragon.jpeg
      dayatthedragon.jpeg
      98 KB · Views: 157
    • 20171202_133431.jpg
      20171202_133431.jpg
      227 KB · Views: 159

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I cant explain why, but I've wanted to get my hands on a Sig Sauer Mosquito since they first came out years ago. Well, last night I bought one from another member on here. I've read alot about how Sig recommends CCI ammo for it, and every forum I've looked at, people report these pistols are very finicky about what ammo functions in them. Well, today I took my new (to me) gun to Bayou Dragon, fed it about 300rnds of mixed brand/grain/velocity ammo, and I didn't have a single malfunction of any sort. I also brought my 80% AR with me to shoot, and ended up barely touching it because I enjoy this lil pistol so much. I also talked to a couple guys that didn't know about this forum. Hopefully they'll sign up soon. All in all though, The Sig Sauer Mosquito is surely a winner with me. I just need to tighten up my groups at 25-30yds with it.

I haven't shot a Mosquito, but thanks for the reminder that .22 is still a wonderful caliber to shoot and practice with. I really need to get my Ruger Standard out more.

And I'll keep my eyes open for a Mosquito. Never really gave much thought to a plastic fantastic .22 training pistol, but the more I think about it the more it seems like a good idea ...

Mike

Tweek

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    madisonville, louisiana
    I haven't had the best of luck with mine. Even when it cycles its not exactly the most accurate gun. The only way to make it reliable is to run hyper velocity rounds, and it slings them all over the place. Honestly it's the only gun I regret buying lol

shadowblade232

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 27, 2017
    New Orleans, LA
    It's a good gun when it works; it's Sig's QC of them that's really the problem. Sometimes you one that eats anything and sometimes you get one that's a piece of ****. It appears Mosquitos are just more likely to be the latter.

I ended up a Ruger SR-22 after ditching my two finicky Mosquitos. If your's runs like a champ, by all means, feed it well and enjoy it! :D

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    I nearly got one but went for the beretta neos instead, .22lr is a tough nut to crack when it comes to semi autos. That's why there are only a few pistols and rifles that come to mind when people say .22lr. And even those can have some serious issues out of the box. 22lr is just about the least uniform round there is from one to the next. I've had three of the neos and two fed everything, one fed nothing really great, my old high standard gave me tons of problems, but my ruger mk1 ran everything. Just a super finiky round to make semi auto. *edit* only one of the neos would drill like the ruger mk1, at 25 yds talking two inch groups with my crappy handgun skills, the other that ran right only hit 4-5 inch groups.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom