Shooters Discount

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to CCW/ arrested over 20 yrs ago for misdemeanor

Im going take a CCW class soon. Over 20yrs ago I had a couple of misdemeanor arrest. The question is when I go to apply for the permit, Do I have to bring all that paper work as well? Do I even have to tell them that? I don't wont to be delayed on getting the permit

Marksman
    List ALL arrests.

You will be denied if you do not follow the directions.

Marksman
    LIST ALL ARREST AND THE DEPOSITIONs!!!!! If it was probation,pti, plead down, plead guilty, paid fine ect, if you do not list them they will reject it and keep you from trying to reapply for like a year I think... In that case you would have to pay and take your class again then list everything

^^^^^^^ What they said....
    LT

"The United States Navy is the envy of every other navy in the world. They don't want to be like us - they want to be us."
    Admiral Leighton Smith

Thanks

Marksman
    Funny how it works!!!! They already know everything... They just want you to tell them, trust me they do know everything, lol, even if you were in other states.. I remember my dad now would be 67, he got arrested for a fight when he was 17, joined the service and got out of the charge.. applied and didn't list it, they rejected it and back then they just kinda dismissed it, which was great then, not so great now, there was no records of final minute of court or deposition. he had to hire an attorney to bring it up in front of a judge to get the deposition implemented on a charge that was 40 years old so he could get one lol... Funny thing is the judge just chuckled at how silly the whole situation was and was no issue but cost my pops a $350 in attorney fees and court
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; December 3rd, 2017 at 04:59 PM.

Not a Fed.

Premium Member
    g) Criminal Offense, Arrests, Detentions and Litigation - Criminal Offense: an act punishable by law. If you have ever been
    arrested, charged, detained, indicted, or summoned for any criminal offense or violation, EVEN THOSE CHARGES WHICH YOU
    BELIEVE TO HAVE BEEN DROPPED, DISMISSED, NOLLE PROS, EXPUNGED, etc.., you must answer *YES* to the arrest questions
    (Question #7) and submit certified true copies of the final court disposition of the case with your application. You must list
    all violations of law or municipal ordinances, except those such as traffic violations (speeding, red light, expired license,
    etc.). Failure to answer this question correctly will result in the denial of your application.
     FAILURE TO LIST ALL ARRESTS, DETENTIONS, AND LITIGATION MAY RESULT IN DELAY
    OR DENIAL OF THE PERMIT, AND OTHER CRIMINAL PENALTIES AS ALLOWED BY LAW.
    NOTE: The issuance of a Citation or Summons is an arrest and must be listed.
     You must still list violations that were EXPUNGED, DISMISSED, or SET ASIDE through either Article
    893, Article 894, R.S. 40:983, or for which you were PARDONED and you must provide certified
    documentation of each arrest with your application.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.

Marksman
    I stated this in the other thread, but I will say it again. I was arrested for criminal mischief (juvenile) over 45 years ago. It was Article 894'd after a one year probation. I didn't remember much about it, only that it happened. I went to LSP HQ and paid, I think, $10, for my "rap sheet". There is was, with all the pertinent information. I went to the Clerk of Court and paid, I think, $15 for a true copy of the court minutes and disposition. I included them with my application and no issues. I would have hated to get denied over something as silly as breaking a window, when it only cost me about $25 to get it resolved. As someone above said, "They know everything". Don't take any chances, it is cheap enough to find out.

Marksman
    ANd if there is nothing for the record of what happened after the arrest (thrown out before court), the da can write a letter saying that.

Not a Fed.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edman87k5 View Post
    ANd if there is nothing for the record of what happened after the arrest (thrown out before court), the da can write a letter saying that.
    Can they write you something saying there is no record?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.