Shoot Wise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepro70 View Post
    Im going take a CCW class soon. Over 20yrs ago I had a couple of misdemeanor arrest. The question is when I go to apply for the permit, Do I have to bring all that paper work as well? Do I even have to tell them that? I don't wont to be delayed on getting the permit
    List all arrests when filling out the application. Then before submitting go to the court where you were arraigned and ask the clerk for a copy of your dispositions, and or court minutes for all your arrests; they costed me $10.00. Without a copy of the dispositions or a copy of the minutes you will be denied.

I scanned everything and sent it in electronically and it took me about 60 days to get the permit.

Fwiw: dont try to list your dispositions. They want the supporting documents.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nolaboy; December 6th, 2017 at 04:09 PM.

Misdemeanor arrest

Quote Originally Posted by lancepro70 View Post
    Im going take a CCW class soon. Over 20yrs ago I had a couple of misdemeanor arrest. The question is when I go to apply for the permit, Do I have to bring all that paper work as well? Do I even have to tell them that? I don't wont to be delayed on getting the permit
    If you were convicted of,or pled guilty to, a misdemeanor involving domestic violence you are no longer allowed to possess any firearm or ammunition.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by cheneyville59 View Post
    If you were convicted of,or pled guilty to, a misdemeanor involving domestic violence you are no longer allowed to possess any firearm or ammunition.

Just move out of La. if that is an issue.

Texas law does not:

• Require the surrender of firearms or ammunition by domestic abusers who have become prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition under federal or state law; or

• Explicitly authorize or require the removal of firearms or ammunition at the scene of a domestic violence incident.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie12 View Post
    Can they write you something saying there is no record?
    Old records may not be readily available at the courthouse. Not all the clerks know where to look for old records, but the most senior clerks will.

It is very important to get this right for your first application. I have been told they are not so concerned on renewals for arrests w/o convictions that were prior to your first application provided they were declared on the first application.

When you get that documentation keep an electronic copy. The electronic application for renewals is pretty quick, and attaching an electronic copy is so easy