Flipper/assisted open knife recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    So I ended up getting him a Kershaw 3810 Dimension. I liked the button to release the blade and it had their speed safe tech. Well I got it in the other day and decided to try it out. Well the first opening with my thumb consisted of the blade stopping about half way open causing a nasty bite on my thumb. After tending to my wound, I found that the knife would only assist open to a 90 degree angle with the thumb stud or using the lever on the back strap. I cleaned it really good and re lubed the bearing and it actually assisted opened completely. However it was not smooth and took a little bit of effort. It was sharp as a razor.
    I figured that if it bit me when I was trying to be careful, it would cut my son's thumb off. So I ordered a Benchmade mini-barrage for him. I fooled with one in a store last weekend but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. However the assisted opening was lightning fast and incredibly smooth. For me I am going to stick with my benchmade auto folders. I appreciate the assistance. I am not going to write Kershaw's off completely. I will not purchase one without being able to see it in person and open it with Kevlar gloves.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Strange, it doesn't show that in the stock photos or any of the customer photos. Fingers crossed that they send me one with it!

2ac11ac768bea7dfddf54a87b6746a15.jpg

Got this one in today and the flag was etched on it. I’m sure yours will have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    2ac11ac768bea7dfddf54a87b6746a15.jpg

Got this one in today and the flag was etched on it. I’m sure yours will have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep! Mine was delivered today and does have the flag on it. So cool! Thanks, man! This will definitely be my new EDC for a while.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I really like my Kershaw AM-4, but that's your tolerance for Chinese steel. Otherwise, Kershaw Leek if you want a well made USA product.
    I really like the AM-4 also, love the Al Mar design.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom