favorite milsurp hunting camo!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ak47>AR15

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jul 27, 2016
    Slidell LA
    i've only recently begun to hunt in LA and find that even after trying many different types of camo that German Flecktarn is my fav, what about you?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Late 80's M-65 Field Jacket in Woodland Camo. Still have, and still use (a lot), the exact same one I got from my brother in 1988. If ever I fail to kill my "very" fair share of wildlife year after year while wearing it, it won't be because animals finally caught on to the design.

Hoggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Madisonville
    3D leaf suit put on top of whatever clothes have been de-scented. Nice to be able to throw this suite on top of a pair of shorts and a t-shirt for classic S LA December hunting weather. This past weekend I got up in a ladder stand and the burlap skirt was rotting away. So I removed the 3D camo pants and hung them on the rail. Figured they would help conceal me more that way than being on my legs. Wound up getting a doe and a buck by 930am with 12-gauge 1oz slug. Was completely awesome! Forgot the pants up in the stand, but small price to pay for all that adrenaline, excitement and meat in the ice chest.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M9EPHUI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Late 80's M-65 Field Jacket in Woodland Camo. Still have, and still use (a lot), the exact same one I got from my brother in 1988. If ever I fail to kill my "very" fair share of wildlife year after year while wearing it, it won't be because animals finally caught on to the design.

Someone sold you a nice woodland goretex jacket years ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Someone sold you a nice woodland goretex jacket years ago lol

Someone did! it was nice too! But it was a little smaller than my original and it was kind of snug with a liner. So it is in my garage (with my other hunting clothes). Either waiting for me to lose an inch on my belly; or for my kid to use! ;)

I do not regret the purchase of it!

Hoggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Madisonville
    I'm rethinking my camo.

The last few years I've used a lightweight 3D leaf camo ghillie suit similar to this:
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ed+Camouflage+Ghillie+Breathable+Hunting+Suit
    But it's been nagging me that the "leaf" effect might be causing more movement than necessary. All those fabric leaves blowing around might make me look like an upset bee hive. It may be negligible, but I've got this suspicion that the 3D leaf camo may be doing more harm than good especially after reading some of the posts here about how successful old style camo can be.

What do I want from camo?
    1. blend;
    2. quiet;
    3. lightweight (not insulated as I can always layer below).

So I found this new stuff and just ordered it. Have not received it yet, but I like that it's made out of quiet suede fabric. Ordered jacket and pants. Not sure if the "sneek boots" are worth it or not, but it's certainly a neat idea.
    https://sneektec.com/collections/sneek-scrubs

Anyway, just wanted to refresh this thread about camo and see if ya'll had any other ideas this season.

Three weeks to go!

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i havent hunted down here much. but up in s. ohio i wore jeans, and thick flannel shirt. orange vest and hat.

ive had the exact same success with every camo ive tried as regular clothes.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Truthfully, as long as your hunting clothes are never washed with UV brighteners (nearly all commercial detergents) most any cammo pattern (that halfway matches your surroundings) will do fine. Deer have no depth perception so it’s easy to fool their eyes. But if you’re clothes are glowing you’ll stick out like a sore thumb. Deer see movement and UV, if you’ve ever seen one rocking their head side to side it’s because they can’t tell what’s behind or in front of what, so their 3D perception is lacking.
    A good backdrop and fore ground if it’s not in the way of a shot. Be still. Nothing bright or light reflecting. And remember, deer trust their sense of vision after nose and ears!
    Cammo patterns we see on all this hunting gear are for man’s eyes!

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    and walking to your stand/blind, walk. dont stalk or sneak. you sound like a predator.

LAANG21B

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    plaquemine
    I wear the cheap "jeans" style camo pants from Wally World and usually a camo hoodie in one of the RealTree patterns and Lacrosse knee boots...if by some chance we get lucky and get a "cold" season here in Louisiana lol I throw some Longjohns underneath...now I will bundle up heavily for the boat ride lol

Top Bottom