“Draco’s” no longer allowed.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    But by keeping those bad shooters they will still lose the money from repairs or the bad press from a negligent shooting in their facility. The problem is NOT solved by banning the gun the problem is solved by banning the bad shooter.

If it's that specific gun that has been observed to be the only cause for concern with respect to damage and/or injury, banning that specific gun will likely solve the problem.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If it's that specific gun that has been observed to be the only cause for concern with respect to damage and/or injury, banning that specific gun will likely solve the problem.

Dems feel the same way about AR-15s sorry it won’t help.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dems feel the same way about AR-15s sorry it won’t help.

So a private business banning ak pistols from their shooting range won't help keep ak pistols from damaging the shooting range?

FRC is a private business. They are not trying to tell anyone they are not allowed to own any specific weapon. Any reasonable person can see the difference between the FRC's decision and the tactics of the Dems. It's a logic fallacy known as a false equivalence.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So a private business banning ak pistols from their shooting range won't help keep ak pistols from damaging the shooting range?

FRC is a private business. They are not trying to tell anyone they are not allowed to own any specific weapon. Any reasonable person can see the difference between the FRC's decision and the tactics of the Dems. It's a logic fallacy known as a false equivalence.

FRC can do as they please.

Try to understand banning a gun for unsafe shooting is silly.

Even at shooting matches the rules state sending a round over the berm gets you a DQ. Thankfully they don’t ban 1911s for sending that round over the berm lol.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Vote with your pocketbook . If you disagree , move on down the road .

I don’t disagree with the rule just the reason for it. I’ve always felt shooting AKs and ARs at a 25yard indoor range a joke and *annoying* so this rule works in my favor lol.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    FRC can do as they please.

Try to understand banning a gun for unsafe shooting is silly.

Even at shooting matches the rules state sending a round over the berm gets you a DQ. Thankfully they don’t ban 1911s for sending that round over the berm lol.

But if multiple people were sending rounds over the berm and it was consistently with the same weapon that multiple people were having trouble controlling, it would be unreasonable to not consider the use of that weapon to be incompatible with the rules of the range. Stopping the use of that weapon ends the problems that come from the use of that weapon. Allowing the use of that weapon and addressing the problems only after it continues time and time again only allows the problem to continue.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    But if multiple people were sending rounds over the berm and it was consistently with the same weapon that multiple people were having trouble controlling, it would be unreasonable to not consider the use of that weapon to be incompatible with the rules of the range. Stopping the use of that weapon ends the problems that come from the use of that weapon. Allowing the use of that weapon and addressing the problems only after it continues time and time again only allows the problem to continue.

If you give those same shooters AR pistols you will have the same problem.

I just don’t agree that giving unsafe shooters a different weapon solves the problem of them being unsafe.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you give those same shooters AR pistols you will have the same problem.

I just don’t agree that giving unsafe shooters a different weapon solves the problem of them being unsafe.

A big difference between the ak pistol and the ar pistol is the buffer tube. A number of people put some sort of a brace on it, if only for looks. That gives shooters a place to put their cheek when shooting, even with no brace. An extra point of contact means more control. And shouldering a brace makes it even easier to control. More control means the potential for having the same problem with an ar pistol as with an ak pistol is much lower.

But I would not be surprised that if their real world observations matched you theoretical speculation, they would also ban the ar pistols.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    A big difference between the ak pistol and the ar pistol is the buffer tube. A number of people put some sort of a brace on it, if only for looks. That gives shooters a place to put their cheek when shooting, even with no brace. An extra point of contact means more control. And shouldering a brace makes it even easier to control. More control means the potential for having the same problem with an ar pistol as with an ak pistol is much lower.

But I would not be surprised that if their real world observations matched you theoretical speculation, they would also ban the ar pistols.

I will hold out hope that sooner or later teaching and/or banning the offenders will become the norm before it becomes a gun free zone lol.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I will hold out hope that sooner or later teaching and/or banning the offenders will become the norm before it becomes a gun free zone lol.

There appears to be a long way to go before the place becomes a gun free zone.

I understand your concern but there are too many other factors that don't allow me to make or agree with a blanket statement such as an unsafe ak pistol shooter will be unsafe with all other weapons and should, therefore, be banned. It's all about control. I don't know if you have a child or niece or nephew or young cousin. You may trust them with a .22lr pistol but may be reluctant to give them a .45 pistol. It could be their inexperience that makes them unsafe with a specific weapon but safe with another weapon.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    There appears to be a long way to go before the place becomes a gun free zone.

I understand your concern but there are too many other factors that don't allow me to make or agree with a blanket statement such as an unsafe ak pistol shooter will be unsafe with all other weapons and should, therefore, be banned. It's all about control. I don't know if you have a child or niece or nephew or young cousin. You may trust them with a .22lr pistol but may be reluctant to give them a .45 pistol. It could be their inexperience that makes them unsafe with a specific weapon but safe with another weapon.

OK.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well if they allow rapid fire of rifle caliber pistols by the casual shooter then I see the real problem.
    They will come in and tell people to tone it down if they are being unsafe, and if they continue, they get removed and banned, from my understanding.

They also allow people to draw and shoot from concealment with permission.

I believe that with a brace, they will still allow these "banned" weapons to be shot. Those that have a brace and act responsibly aren't the ones that are causing trouble.

Top Bottom