“Draco’s” no longer allowed.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FRC Indoor Range

Feb 14, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We are disappointed to have to announce that AK pistols, i.e. Draco’s are no longer permissible at FRC. Unfortunately, we have had several issues with shooters being unable to handle them safely, and management has now banned them completely. We apologize for any inconvenience, but FRC is extremely serious about providing a safe and professional shooting environment for all of our valued customers, and on that point we will not compromise. Thank you for understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Not an AK guy. What's so bad about them?

The people, in general, who come in with AK pistols don't typically hit their targets. They do hit the roof, floor, walls, and other targets though. Also, AK pistols are VERY loud and make anyone within three lanes very unhappy.

I am not really a fan of people shooting AR pistols or SBRs next to me either, but they general have enough class to not rapid fire and act like a moron. Those with AK pistols seem to want derpy attention and they got it...and got their firearms banned.

wcweir3

Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    The shooting sport needs to keep safely in all that we do, we have too much attention focused on us as is we don’t need some a$$ getting wild and shooting someone and bringing the media down on us again.
    Wingate

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Just wait til they bring one in in 9mm dat take dem glock clipz. Then they will be really confused as to why they cant shoot it. Lolol.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I’d never own a AK pistol OR even a AR pistol not my cup of tea. But this sounds kinda like when the news blames the guns for mass shootings and not the shooter.

FRC Indoor Range

Feb 14, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Austin pretty much hit the nail on the head. And as many of you know we do not allow steel core ammunition because I️t damages our range. Multiple times we have caught people with Draco’s lying to us and sneaking in steel core ammunition after being told repeatedly they cannot use I️t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I am ok with your decision

I visited your place a few weeks ago to sight in a new scope and was very pleased with the safety and awareness.. I am fine with how you run a business , its yours to run. I will continue to use it, not only for convenience , but due to other places not necessarily having the same sense of safety as I do.. I was pleased as hell with knowing someone was watching the shooters including myself for safe activity.. I appreciate it, and told the RO as much.. with a hand shake.. after I secured my gear..

Thanks for keeping it safe

Dave

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    I’d never own a AK pistol OR even a AR pistol not my cup of tea. But this sounds kinda like when the news blames the guns for mass shootings and not the shooter.

Whenever you ban "the shooter," in this case, they will pitch a fit and start screaming lawsuits. These people can still go other places and shoot walls, the floor, and the ceiling with their AK pistols, they just can't terrorize the other shooters at FRC who are there for a good time and practice lol.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Whenever you ban "the shooter," in this case, they will pitch a fit and start screaming lawsuits. These people can still go other places and shoot walls, the floor, and the ceiling with their AK pistols, they just can't terrorize the other shooters at FRC who are there for a good time and practice lol.

I understand the thought behind it but a unsafe shooter will always be a unsafe shooter regardless of the weapon.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I understand the thought behind it but a unsafe shooter will always be a unsafe shooter regardless of the weapon.

The shooter is the main problem but it seems reasonable the major damage is from the misuse of the banned weapon. If the problem shooter comes in with their weapon of choice to find out their weapon was no longer allowed, there's a chance they'll be personally offended and will take their business elsewhere. And now the person is gone as well.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The shooter is the main problem but it seems reasonable the major damage is from the misuse of the banned weapon. If the problem shooter comes in with their weapon of choice to find out their weapon was no longer allowed, there's a chance they'll be personally offended and will take their business elsewhere. And now the person is gone as well.

But how about a responsible shooter with the now banned weapon? Think he will want a membership after being punished for doing nothing wrong?
    Just pointing out a unsafe AK pistol shooter will also be a unsafe Glock shooter and I’d rather them not shoot any gun around me.

I’m told FRC is a great range and I’m very interested in some of the classes held there “nothing against them my feelings on this subject are the same for all ranges I go to”.

usmc-nav

Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    But how about a responsible shooter with the now banned weapon? Think he will want a membership after being punished for doing nothing wrong?
    Just pointing out a unsafe AK pistol shooter will also be a unsafe Glock shooter and I’d rather them not shoot any gun around me.

I’m told FRC is a great range and I’m very interested in some of the classes held there *nothing against them my feelings on this subject are the same for all ranges I go to*.

I understand what you did, easier path and all. But instead of punishing the offender you punish all.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I’m told FRC is a great range and I’m very interested in some of the classes held there *nothing against them my feelings on this subject are the same for all ranges I go to*.

I agree. I would rather not have unsafe shooters there either. As far as the responsible gun owners, they would just have to deal with it as well. Yes, they are "punished" because of the unsafe practices of others. I think the facility would prefer to lose the income from the lost membership of responsible shooters than to lose the money from repairs or the bad press from a negligent shooting in their facility.

bigtattoo79

Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I agree. I would rather not have unsafe shooters there either. As far as the responsible gun owners, they would just have to deal with it as well. Yes, they are "punished" because of the unsafe practices of others. I think the facility would prefer to lose the income from the lost membership of responsible shooters than to lose the money from repairs or the bad press from a negligent shooting in their facility.

But by keeping those bad shooters they will still lose the money from repairs or the bad press from a negligent shooting in their facility. The problem is NOT solved by banning the gun the problem is solved by banning the bad shooter.

usmc-nav

Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    No not you big tattoo
    Talking about FRC issuing a blank
    ban instead of addressing the particular
    individual.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15