New guy from Maryland

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstevens56

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Welcome. I also escaped MD. Say good riddance to the HQL, 7 day wait, 1 gun a month, etc... Also, carry permits are shall issue!

Ha, you aren't kidding! I refused to get the HQL on principle alone. I was a designated collector so I could get more than one firearm a month. But yes, MD does suck. What area did you live in?

Last edited:

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    Greater Baltimore area. The taxes and the 2013 laws did it for me. I refused the HQL on principle too. First career move opportunity out of MD is what I took and it brought me here. I'm still active on mdshooters to keep up on the political fight.
    Yes it stays hot longer in the summer, but freedom is respected, the taxes are low and the people are very nice.
    If you mention any of the insane MD gun laws like the HQL, HBAR exceptions, the banned long gun list, the transportation restrictions for handguns etc... to people here, some think you are pulling their leg. Living here for a while really amplified my perspective on how messed up MD is.

Jstevens56

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Greater Baltimore area. The taxes and the 2013 laws did it for me. I refused the HQL on principle too. First career move opportunity out of MD is what I took and it brought me here. I'm still active on mdshooters to keep up on the political fight.
    Yes it stays hot longer in the summer, but freedom is respected, the taxes are low and the people are very nice.
    If you mention any of the insane MD gun laws like the HQL, HBAR exceptions, the banned long gun list, the transportation restrictions for handguns etc... to people here, some think you are pulling their leg. Living here for a while really amplified my perspective on how messed up MD is.

I actually just moved in August due to a job promotion. I was living right around the White Marsh area, originally from Baltimore but grew up in Harford County. MDShooters definitely caused me to spend much more money on firearms than my wife would have liked, I'm expecting this forum to do the same. When i was at the local shop picking up my first purchase as a resident here I was explaining some of the MD laws to the guy doing my transfer, he was quite surprised. I was looking at the CCW/CHP section on here and I couldn't find anything stating it but I was under the impression you needed to be a resident for 6 months before applying for your CHP but the LSP website just says you must be a resident. Do you know if you need to wait a certain period before taking the class?

Jstevens56

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't know about 6 months residency before permit application. If you have it, the NH nonresident permit is recognized by LA last i chacked .

Gotcha. Nope, I have no carry permit for any state.

Welcome! How did you find out about us, just curious.

Thanks! I wanted to find a local forum like the one I was a member of in Maryland, Mdshooters. So I just googled and found this one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SleepingGreyCat
    Top Bottom