Body work and paint for my jeep

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Well I think the time has come for me to start my Jeep (1963 CJ5) restoration some time in January 2018. I’m going to bring it to my shop in a few weeks and start the tear down process and will remove the body at this time. I am looking for a body repair and paint shop that I can work with to have it painted. It is basically rust free and only has some minor body work to do. I would like to find someone on the west side of the river (Brusly, Addis, Plaquemine), but I will bring it to someone if you can vouch for someone in another location that does this type work. I am not trying to go cheap, but also don’t need the type of paint job you see at the SEMA car show either. I’m looking for an old school type guy that knows body work, as you can’t just purchase parts for the jeep like you can new cars. Sure, you can buy repop parts, but the quality sucks, thus a need for someone who knows body work.
    I posted some photos of my jeep here before when I brought it back from Colorado, but will add some for this post so you can see what I’m talking about. If someone who does this type work is a member of Bayou Shooter contact me and let’s talk.
    ccac78c028ae899cd5b8921d1443736a.jpg
    045e90c99df3de1a626a1c0ff9a5c0ec.jpg
    7b8dba80f98e0b4446c8d1b4f59c1703.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marlin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    Try Custom Colors in Industriplex, ask for Billy or Pete (owners), they can do the body work as well as the paint job. He has done several projects like this, just explain to him how you want the project to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Have you tried any of the local Jeep clubs? I'm sure they may be able to help you out. There's a club in Baton Rouge, Louisiana 4x4, that meets the first Tuesday of each month. There are a few members who restore some older Jeeps. The January meeting will be the first Thursday to avoid the day after New Years.

You may try reaching out to Phil at Searchers 4wd in Prairieville. I know they are on the "wrong" side of the river but he does some pretty good work. http://searchers4wd.com/

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I’m a little farther west in Carencro but would love to do it for you.

You can check me out on Facebook or my website at fixmyridela.com

Or you can pm me here but I’m not lurking here as often as I use to.

Top Bottom