Resident Lifetime Senior Hunting/Fishing License (60 or older)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lifetime licenses are available from
    the Baton Rouge office only.
    Allow three
    weeks processing time. Applicants are
    required to have lived in Louisiana for the
    immediate six months prior to making application
    to qualify for resident rates.
    Mandatory documents required with application
    for applicants under 18 are a birth
    certificate and a copy of both parents’ drivers
    licenses. Mandatory documents required
    with application for anyone 18 and older are
    a valid LA driver's license issued a minimum
    of six months and one of the following:
    1. Louisiana voter's registration card
    2. Louisiana vehicle registration or
    3. Two previous year's state tax filing,
    stamped by Department of Revenue
    and Taxation.
    (Applications available at www.wlf.louisiana.
    gov/licenses/lifetime/ or by calling 225-
    765-2887)

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Why buy a Senior Lifetime License?

Because it makes sense to. Why would you not buy one. It's only $50. If you think that buying a $5 license every year makes sense, then you are betting that you won't live past 70 years old. Plus, if you get the lifetime license, you don't have to go and buy a license every year. My wife and I each have a lifetime license.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Why buy a Senior Lifetime License?

Because it makes sense to. Why would you not buy one. It's only $50. If you think that buying a $5 license every year makes sense, then you are betting that you won't live past 70 years old. Plus, if you get the lifetime license, you don't have to go and buy a license every year. My wife and I each have a lifetime license.

You still have to go to the store to get your tags. They need to be replaced every year so you are not saving a trip.

jlee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 29, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Another nice thing about the lifetime license (that I just found out about) is that it can be added as an endorsement to your drivers license. This eliminates the need to carry it or helps if you forget it at home or in the vehicle (assuming you didn't also forget your license).

[FONT=&quot]Next time you renew your driver’s license at the Office of Motor Vehicles, you can add a Lifetime Hunting, Lifetime Fishing, Lifetime Combination, Boater Education, and/or Hunter Education endorsement to your license for free. If you have one or more of these endorsements, you do not have to carry the applicable license or certification card with you as long as you have your driver’s license.[/FONT]

leeshall

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Suburban NOLA
    I plan (fingers crossed!) on living for more than ten more years - anything over ten and I'm ahead of the annual $5/year Resident Senior Combo Hunt/Fish price. Also, I found out a Louisiana Resident Lifetime Hunting/Fishing License is honored by Texas -- at least for the Fishing part, no such luck for the hunting.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I plan (fingers crossed!) on living for more than ten more years - anything over ten and I'm ahead of the annual $5/year Resident Senior Combo Hunt/Fish price. Also, I found out a Louisiana Resident Lifetime Hunting/Fishing License is honored by Texas -- at least for the Fishing part, no such luck for the hunting.

As stated it’s by mail or the Baton Rouge main office. I suggest you can just collect the required documents and drive there and pay and get it over with. That’s what I did.
    Also once in hand the next time you get a new drivers license have the DMV add the endorsement to your drivers license. Then you can leave your hunting license at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    As stated it’s by mail or the Baton Rouge main office. I suggest you can just collect the required documents and drive there and pay and get it over with. That’s what I did.
    Also once in hand the next time you get a new drivers license have the DMV add the endorsement to your drivers license. Then you can leave your hunting license at home.

That would that my wallet would be that much thinner
    Wingate

CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish

Great idea but where do you stick your Federal duck stamps????? Also my understanding is that the Lifetime old fart license covers EVERYTHING (including recreational gear) EXCEPT the federal duck stamp and the $5 per year license does not cover some of the gear licenses. Plus when they move you to the old folks home in Florida you can still sneak out and come back to Louisiana for fishing and hunting and yer still legal-can't do that with the $5 yearly ticket.

Last edited:

lashowman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    I have a lifetime hunting and fishing license. You do not have to go to the store to get tags. You can get them from the LDWF website and print them on your printer at home using your computer.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Yes, it is good forever in LA. You can also apply for a lifetime in MS once you meet their residency requirements

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    What do they mean you can add it to your Drivers License for free ? No $50 fee ?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom