Met a WWII vet today .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Extremely nice old gentleman . Marine , served in the Pacific . Said he drove Higgins boats . My Dad was a WWII combat veteran so those guys have a special place in my heart . :)

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    My dad was a crew chief for the Q Queenie B-24 Heavy Bomber with the 445 Bombardment Group stationed in Tibenham, England. I am glad to say he is still with us at 98 years old and still lives on his own. I can't wait spend the day with him on Christmas day.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My father-in law was a navigator on a B-24. 451st Group, Shot down April 25 1945 over Linz Austria; repatriated May 10. Coincidentally, I saw your post was on December 19 and my father-in-law passed away December 19, 1991 - 26 years ago.

I try to speak to the older vets as often as I can, and at a minimum, to thank them. A couple of years ago while in the grocery store I spoke to a man who asked "How did you know?" I told him that I noticed his Marine Corps watch, and that my dad is a Marine who served in Korea. He said, "Me too. A lot of us Korean vets always get left out." I told him that I wanted to thank him in particular because I know what he went through from my own father's explanations. When I asked for a second handshake for an extra thank-you, I could tell that it really meant something to him. That event made me even more motivated to say thank you.

Particularly at this time of the year, I am thankful for the people who have gone before us and paid the bill for the many liberties that we enjoy. I hate the thought of so many families at home without their loved ones, either because they are serving in harm's way or are never coming home. We need to do everything we can for the vets and their families and to make sure that we preserve and cherish the freedom they bought for us.

Top Bottom