Ruger EC9s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ramsey6199

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    I hadn't heard of that gun, until I saw your post. Looks like a affordable alternative to the already affordable lc9, no? I never could get used to the, what I consider a horrible trigger on the Ruger. Don't really care for the integrated sights, as I prefer night sights..at least the front. I guess what ever keeps people away from the cheap Taurus handguns the better.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I hadn't heard of that gun, until I saw your post. Looks like a affordable alternative to the already affordable lc9, no? I never could get used to the, what I consider a horrible trigger on the Ruger. Don't really care for the integrated sights, as I prefer night sights..at least the front. I guess what ever keeps people away from the cheap Taurus handguns the better.

Yes, I think Ruger is looking to get more into the Taurus price point. It's actually not a bad idea for them, since a happy EC9s customer would be inclined to look at another Ruger when they broaden their shooting needs. The closest I've come to either of these guns is my Ruger American Compact (much larger frame), and while the trigger on it isn't my favorite, it's not bad.

I've owned a few Taurus guns and never had a problem with them (and my one experience with Taurus service was surprisingly good as well). My first 1911 was a Taurus, and it never failed to go bang when I wanted it to.

Mike

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    If MSRP is $299.99 it will probably retail for around 250-260.00. I think they might be discontinuing the lc9s but who knows.

Last edited:

BayouRat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Luling
    Has anyone bought and/or shot the new Ruger EC9s yet? The integrated sights are appealing to me, and with an MSRP of $299 it's sure priced right.

Mike

What's the different between that and an LC9s? Except the price they look identical.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    EC9S is a LC9S with a cheaper finish and integral sights milled into the slide. Have seen them recently online as cheap as $217, but have seen the LC9S at $249 also. These have the lightest/smoothest trigger I have experienced on a pocket 9. Almost too light for a belly gun?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom