2018 Fitness Goals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    It's that time of the year again, so I figured I would start a 2018 fitness goals thread.

My goal is to add three days of low-intensity, steady state cardio to the 4 days that I lift weights. I'm still trying to get my diet on point to raise my HDL cholesterol and lower my LDL cholesterol. At least my overall cholesterol and triglycerides are in check, so that is a huge plus just from weight lifting and diet. My blood sugar has been hovering around the high end, so I hope the LISS cardio will help with that problem. Currently, the only added sugar in my diet is in the two cups of coffee that I drink every day. I'd really hate to start drinking it black or cut it out all together, but I will if I must.

What are your goals for 2018?

jlee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 29, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I lost 10lbs in the second half of this year and I’m looking to lose about 15 more to bring me to about what I was nine years ago when I got married. The wife has me on a Sensible Portions diet and that seems to be doing most of the work.

Although the “goal” is to lose pounds, I want to add muscle at the same time. Having never really lifted anything other than a woman, beer, or rifle, that’ll be an interesting endeavor. :dogkeke:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I already started on my 2018 goals this year. I have been hitting the gym at least 4 days a week and lifting wieghts and using the elliptical for at least 15 minutes. Really starting to see the definition increase in my upper body and my shoulder is feeling pretty good.

For 2018 I want to stick with the gym trend and get down to about 240lbs or less. Right now I am sitting at around 276Lbs. I really haven't changed my diet and I am packing in the protein to get the muscle on so that it will help burn calories while I am sitting at my desk working during the day. once I get enough muscle mass then I will start on the diet to get more weight off depending on how it goes with the lifting. I have already pretty much cut soda down to just my cheat day already so I am doing good on that front. Just did my yearly with the doc and blood work was all good and he was pretty happy now just to get the BP down for some reason it is really high but figure when the weight drops it will drop as well.

Been hitting my shoulders pretty hard to make sure I pack on as much muscle as I can on them as it seems to be helping with keeping my left shoulder in the socket. I am trying to put off the surgery for at least one more year so that I can get the house setup the way we want and then I can take the time off to get the shoulder done and not have to worry about the house.

I am feeling good about keeping on the gym as I am liking the changes I see so far and this will make it easier to keep it up.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Stick to a diet of healthy food. Last year I started food prepping for the week and lost 25lbs in no time.

I would like to start crossfit but we are remodeling our current house and starting to build a new house so no gym time.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I do oatmeal in the morning with a protein shake to slow down my digestion and mellow out insulin spikes per my doctor, then its usually a pan seared chicken breast with veggies for lunch and for dinner I have a small serving of whatever the wife has cooked. I usually try to go to bed a little hungry so I know that I am not eating so much.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom